Hallowe'en

"One, two! One, two! And through and through 

The vorpal blade went snicker-snack! 

He left it dead, and with its head 

He went galumphing back." 

"What are you doing?" interrupted a voice.

Hazel dropped her imaginary sword and turned to face Harry, who was watching her in amusement.

"I'm just reading this poem," she said innocently as she hopped off his bed.

"Hey, where'd you find that?" he said, gesturing to the book in her hands

"It was in your trunk—I saw it hiding underneath a pair of very large socks."

Harry opened his trunk, and sure enough, Dudley's old socks were lying right on top. For some reason he had brought them with him to Hogwarts - maybe because he had barely any socks, or maybe because some part of him felt like he was obligated to. After all, they were the only present he ever received from his cousin that didn't seem to be completely useless.

"What were you doing in my trunk?" he said as he shuffled his things around, looking for his hidden stash of sweets.

"I thought that you might have some cool Muggle things in there, and I was right!"

She proudly showed him the bandaid that she had stuck onto her sock. 

Harry laughed and explained to her that she was meant to put it on her wounds. This just confused her, but she pulled it off anyways, and asked him what other Muggle things he had.

"Just that book, no - wait, maybe I—" he said as he fished through his things.

Hazel watched on and said wisely, "How you find anything in that mess is beyond me."

"Well you seemed to do alright," shot back Harry, his head buried deep in his trunk.

"Tut, tut, so touchy," she teased.

"Ah, yes! Here it is!"

Hazel looked at the inconspicuous tube that Harry held out to her, and asked, "What's that supposed to be?"

"This is a bubble blower. It's like a Muggle toy, but usually for much younger children. I got this from a big-claw machine on my birthday. Look here," he said as he unscrewed the top and showed her, "This is where they put the soap in, and then you just blow through here."

He demonstrated, and passed along the strange object to Hazel, who inspected it with fascination.

"It kinda looks like Quidditch goal posts," she said, turning it in her hands. She tried to copy what she saw Harry just do, except she blew too hard and ended up spitting soap all over Dean Thomas's duvet covers. After a few more tries she seemed to get the hang of it, and soon the first-year Gryffindor dormitory was covered in bubbles.

"What's all this, then?" said Ron, who had just entered the room, "Wait, how did you get in here?"

"Through the window of course," said Hazel without even looking up, causing Ron to roll his eyes.

"Muggles can be quite smart when they want to be, can't they?" said Hazel, gesturing to the cloud of bubbles that now floated through the room. Ron merely smacked them away as he made his way to his own bed, where he lay down and watched Harry haphazardly throw things back into his trunk. Hazel wiped her sticky hands on her robes and said to Harry, "Hey, if you let me keep this, I'll clean your trunk for you."