Spiders In Your Hair

Taking the train back to Hogwarts was way more exciting that taking it home. 

That morning, they got up at the crack of dawn; Mrs Weasley was already downstairs and had made breakfast when she called them. Hazel had gotten up pretty easily; the excitement for going back to Hogwarts was too great for her to get much sleep anyways, but Mrs Weasley had to yell for Ron and Harry a few times before they made an appearance. 

Ron was trying to remove the ominous purple glitter from his hair as he sat down at the breakfast table, and Harry cursed the Weasley Twins under his breath, looking like he had purple glitter stuck somewhere unfortunate. Fred and George were too busy congratulating themselves on the success of their prank to be bothered. Hazel was upstairs in Ginny's room feeding Tabatha some of the freshly spawned frogs that she had scooped out of Ron's old fish tank, and Ginny was just bouncing all of the place, frantically adding more and more things to her already overflowing trunk.

"Relax," teased Hazel. "Anything that you forget, your Mum can just owl. Hey, hey—listen to me" she said as she took ahold of Ginny's shoulders, "if we get there and you discover that you forgot something, you can just borrow it from me, ok?"

Despite reassurances from Hazel that she really didn't need a third hairbrush, Ginny packed it anyways, before remembering that only one copy of the Seeker Weekly wasn't going to last very long on the train ride, and so she packed an extra seven too.

"You do know that you won't be able to get anything from your trunk while you're on the train, right?"

"Oh Merlin! I forgot that! I'll have to carry them with me—"

"Ginny, stop, you'll get a back ache if you try and carry all that stuff," said Hazel as she pointed to the overloaded backpack that Ginny was taking with her. "All you really need on the train is a pillow to sleep on and some friends to talk to. And some lunch, but your Mum has already packed that for us, remember?"

"But-but, I won't have anyone to talk to!" she cried.

"Oh, don't be ridiculous now, you'll have us!"

"Ron won't want me to sit with him, he said so, and the twins said so too!" 

Ginny really started crying now, and Hazel put her hands on her hips.

"Ginny-GINNY. Get-ahold-of-your-self! Do you know who you are? You're Ginny freaking Weasley, OK? You are the funniest, coolest, most awesome eleven year old I know, and if anything, you need to be worried about how you are going to manage having so many friends. People are going to be flocking to you like the messiah once they realize how amazing you are, trust me. And once you get to second year and you join a Quidditch team, you'll be overwhelmed by your popularity. When have you ever not made friends easily?"

This little pep talk made her stop crying, so Ginny was just sniffing loudly while Hazel marched in front of her like an Army General preparing her troops for battle.

"Well?" asked Hazel again. "When have you ever not made friends easily?"

"Never," sniffer Ginny.

"Exactly. So, now what we're gonna do is, we're gonna wipe off those tears, OK, and we're gonna close this trunk, because you have everything you need already."

"I do?"

"Yes," said Hazel, "You do."

After that, it was a bit of a blur. Hazel couldn't remember actually leaving The Burrow, or going through platform 9 3/4, or even boarding the train, all she knew was that by the time she had finally sat down in her compartment, something was missing.