Chapter 35: Picture

A/N Sorry it's a short chapter!

|Shoutout to tigerbabee|

I wandered in the Mitchell household.

I remembered the secret picture of Xander and his mom.

I was curious still even after I asked Lauren about the picture.

I knocked the closed door of Xander's bedroom.

"Come in."

I opened the door and I walked straight to bookshelf.

"Hey, what are you looking for?" I heard Xander get up from his chair.

I took the book that had the picture of them from the bookshelf.

I flipped to the page that had the picture.

I turned around and he was there.

I showed the picture to him.

He looked at the picture and looked back at me. He swiftly put his arm up on the wall trapping me. I deeply blushed.

"How'd you find out about this picture?"

I stared at him.

He snatched the book and picture from my hands. He put the picture back in the book.

"Put it back." He handed it to me.

"Why can't you frame the picture?"

"I said put it back." He stared into my eyes deeply.

"No. Tell me." I stared determinedly back at him.

He looked away and blushed at my stare.

He sighed and dropped his hand that was trapped me.

"Tell me.. please." I put my hands on his chest and looked up at him.

He hesitated. "I was 11.. My mom started to have arguments with my father. She always left home in the morning and sometimes never came back. I didn't know where she was going the whole time. One day, I had a soccer game. My mom promised she would watch. I was so excited.. On the day of the soccer game, it was 3 minutes before the game started. I couldn't see my mom in the crowd. I began to worry. Then, I remembered I forgot my lucky bracelet in the changing room. I ran in there before the game began. I saw.. I-I saw.. I saw my mom making out with my soccer coach. I should've known they were together! I remembered my mom and my coach were really friendly before the big soccer game. My parents had a divorce. Now, I don't know where she is and.. I don't care about her anymore!"

He looked at the ground.

I hugged him.

I didn't know what to say besides 'its okay', so i stayed silent.

I felt his arms hug me back.

I heard someone open the door.

"What are you two doing??"

We pulled away from each other and looked to see who was at the door.

It was James.

A/N Who wants to be in my story? If you do, just leave a comment just describing how you look like. (glasses, hair colour, name, etc. if you want) and I assume you guys are tweens or teenagers..? So yeah! I will pick some readers and put you in my next chapter or the next next chapter :)