Chapter 10: The Fault In Our Stars

I woke up at 8:10AM. Oh my gawsh! I'm late for school!! I hurried and put on my clothes. I rushed to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and brushed my hair. I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was greasy!!! I had no time to wash my hair! I hurried and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. My ran to the kitchen. Gah! I have no time for preparing for breakfast! I poured cereal in my mouth and milk. I chewed and crunched and swallowed. Mom was supposed to drive us to school. I ran to mom's room.

"Mom! Mom! Wake up!" I yelled in her face.

"What?" Mom opened one eye.

"Drive me to school! It's-"

I looked at the clock.

"8:23AM!"

"What?" She opened both eyes and checked her phone.

She glared at me.

"Hmm? What?!" I asked.

"It's Saturday." She closed her eyes.

Wait... WHAT?! IT'S SATURDAY?!?!

I sighed and face palmed.

Dad rubbed his eyes.

"What's going on?"

I explained him everything.

He laughed.

I know that he'll include this in his vlog.

I went back to my room and changed into my pyjamas. Then, I went to shower and wash my oily hair.

Then I blow dried my hair.

"What to do?" I said to myself.

I stole Dad's camera.

I sat on the ground and filmed myself.

"Hi!"

There was some silence. I didn't know what I was about to say.

"Oh shoot." I muttered to myself whilst looking at the floor.

I looked back up at the camera.

"Hello fans. Uhhh.... Sorry I'm very awkward." I smiled.

"I don't know what to say but I stole this camera from Dad" I shrugged.

"Let's get to know each other! Um.. I'm Jewel Irene Butler. I'm 15. Almost 16. My birthday is coming soon. I have a best friend and his name is Luke Ames and he makes me laugh all the time. You might see him in a vlog. I'll introduce him to you. Uh.. My favourite color is teal. My favourite food is poutine. I don't have Facebook, Twitter. I have Instagram but I don't really post any pictures. I just like and comment."

I scrunched my nose.

"That's it!" I smiled.

I pressed the stop button.

I face palmed and sighed.

I turned the camera over to watch my video.

Oh... It was still recording.

"Oh god.."

I quickly pressed stop.

Dad is going to upload this. >_<

+++++

It was around 4:00PM and I was eating a snack in the kitchen. Dad was vlogging and he gave Brock the camera to vlog himself.

"Here hold it like this."

Rocktard filmed himself.

"HI!" He grinned.

"AHHHHHH!!!" He yelled and ran around the kitchen.

Dad chuckled.

He stopped running and gave the camera to Dad and said, "Here. I play with cars."

He ran off.

Dad laughed.

Then, we ate spaghetti for dinner.

+++++

I went to the couch and read the book "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. I cried while I read the book.

I let the tears roll down my cheek, not even bothering to wipe them. I sniffed a lot.

I heard someone breathing. I looked to my left. I saw a camera filming me.

"Hey! Dad!" I said with my voice cracking.

He was hiding behind the couch, filming me cry. He stood up and walked over.

"What are you reading?"

"The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's an amazing story."

"I could tell."

I quickly wiped the tears away with the back of my hand.

Mom walked downstairs and walked to me.

"I heard someone was crying," she said with her hands on her hips, "is someone in pain?"

"No.." I muttered.

"She read this book and started crying."

I placed my bookmark in the page I was reading at. I closed the book and I handed it to Mom.

"The Fault in Our Stars." She read aloud.

"I heard the book was good!" She handed it to Dad.

Dad filmed the front and the back of the book. And gave it back.

I opened it and took the bookmark out and started reading.

My parents left the room so I can read in peace and quiet.

+++++

It was 8:49PM. The book made me feel sleepy. I put my bookmark in the page and put it on the table. I lied on the couch and grabbed the blanket to pull it over my body. I closed my eyes and I fell in a deep sleep.