Chapter 32: I Bit An Arm (Part 1)

I turn my head to the right.

...

I stood up from my chair.

"James?!"

He stood up too. "Jewel, why are you here?"

My heart was racing.

"I-I don't know what to say.." I put my hand to my chest.

Lauren looked at us confused. "You guys know each other? Are you guys friends?"

I crossed my arms. "PFFFFTT."

"It's complicated." James said.

Lauren slapped the table with her hands causing me and James to look at her.

"You know what?!" Lauren said aggressively and stood up too.

"... I think I have to change my pad.... And I need to take a #2."

She silently walked awkwardly to the bathroom.

Which left me and James alone.

I rubbed my temples.

"So.. How have you been doing?" He asked.

"I was upset because of you!"

"Why?"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY?! I saw your Instagram picture with a girl named Kimmie! You were kissing her nose!"

"I'm sorry, Jewel, but I don't know why you're mad. We were never in a relationship. I was close to asking you out but you had to move to Idaho. I can be with anyone if I want. Also, I didn't want to date Kimmie anyways."

I thought we had something.. Everything we have done together... Is now gone?

"Are you sure you were about to ask me out? This all seems fake to me now. How you acted back in L.A. is so different to right now. Is this how you really act? Flirting with girls?"

"How I acted back in L.A. was real. Everything in L.A. was real. But I have acted like this since you went to Idaho."

Yeah right.. It was a mistake for me to bump into you.

I clenched my teeth. "You're still a jerk."

I grabbed the tissue box and starting hitting his back.

"You jerk! You stupid jerk!"

He did nothing and defended himself by putting his fists by his face.

Right when I was about to knock him out, someone shouted, "STOP!"

I froze and looked up.

Xander was standing there with his eyes widen and grocery bags in his hands.

"What the heck are you doing, Jewel?! He's a guest! Where's Lauren?"

"She's on the toilet." James said.

Xander slowly put the bags on the floor and approached me slowly with his hands out.

"Jewel, give the tissue box with me. Just please don't hit anymore. C'mon.."

I slowly gave him the tissue box.

"The tissue box looks more abused than James." Xander looked at the box. He put it on the table. He picked up the groceries and put them on the table too.