Chapter 40: Rebel

It's been 3 days of staying at home and lying in bed. Watching Netflix is always the way to prevent a heart from breaking. 3 days is actually a long time.. 72 hours away from my friends. Total boredom.

Xander?

Well, the sight of his frowning face is still stuck in my mind. I really want to be with him. I hope I didn't hurt him. I don't want to stop seeing him. I really fell in love with him. Will this be Romeo and Juliet? Hehe..

James.. I heard he came from the hospital. I imagine him sitting on the couch with crutches by his side and he's watching probably The Flash.

I texted Lauren. I told her I wasn't allowed to go over to her house anymore because Dad didn't like me staying there.

Anyways, it was 11AM. Typical.

I got up and walked over to pick up my compact mirror from my desk. I stared at my healing black eye. Makeup can conceal it but I'm not impressing anyone right now.

I walked to the kitchen and saw my parents vlogging. Of course. I ignored it. I'm still not in the mood to be all happy and hyper.

"GEMTARD! Good morning! Or we should say, 'Good afternoon!'" Dad puts the camera all up in my face.

Dad and I.. Our relationship is a bit weird. I still respect Dad. I don't punch the walls or trash the place. After our argument, I start to act very reserved and quiet. Mom and Dad still know that I'm still upset about not seeing Xander.

I stare at the camera. "Hi. Good afternoon, everyone." I say with the most obviously fake smile in the world.

I look at Dad behind the camera. I could tell he felt uneasy.

"Jewel, how's that eye doin'?" A few days ago, we told everyone Brock hit me in the face with his toy baseball bat. I don't want everyone to know all the drama that has been happening to me.

"It's okay. It's healing.." I say with no enthusiasm. 

Then, Dad turns away with the camera facing him and starts changing the subject because of how awkward I am in front of the camera. I grab some yogurt and I eat it. I finish it in 1 minute and I head towards my room.

The room was so dark. Should I open the curtains? What do I do? I collapse onto my bed. I start tearing up a bit.. Yes, tearing up. I felt sad. Lonely. 

Why am I distancing myself from Lauren? I mean, I'm allowed to see her. James is still recovering and I don't know if he still likes me. Xander, I miss him. I do. 

I miss him to the point where I want to jump out my window and slip into his window and hug him. 

I should do something. I will be a rebel

I stand up to open the curtains. I open the window. His window was closed but his curtains were wide open. I looked around his room to see him on the computer. I need to get his attention without my family hearing any suspicious stuff happening.

I get my clothes hanger and I try to reach his window.. Not long enough. I remember I had a meter stick somewhere in my room. I grab it from underneath my desk.

I walk to my window and poke at his window.

He quickly turned his head with adorable wide eyes.

He stood up and quickly watched him walk over to open his window.

"Jewel!"

"SHHH! Xander!" I whispered.

"What's happening? Why didn't you reply to my texts? Or returning my calls? Are you alright?!" He whispered loudly.

"Xander, the thing is... I'm not allowed to see you."

Xander, the poor guy, he frowned the frowniest frown I've ever seen. (if that makes sense)

"Why?"

"My dad thinks I'm doing stuff with you because one day he knew Lauren went out of the house and I was in the house alone with you. He thinks your dangerous."

"I'm not!" He shouted.

"XANDER!" I whisper-shouted.

"Sorry, sorry."

"So, I'm not supposed to see you at all. But, I really.. m..m-miss you." I blush.

"Jewel, I do too. I didn't know why you stopped talking to me and I had to think about what I did to you."

"You did nothing, Xander."

"I like you, Jewel."

My heart skips a beat.

"I like you too. A lot."

He smiles widely.

AWEE His smile is so cute!

I quickly frown. "What do we do now?"

We thought for a couple seconds.

"Do you want to break the rules?" Xander gave a mischievous smile.

"Yes.. I would like to be with you."

"Tomorrow, at 1AM sharp. Let's meet each other here. At our windows."

"1AM? What are you planning?!" I blush.

"Jewel?!" I hear my mom's footsteps getting closer.

I quickly close the window and the curtains. I jump on my bed and lay there like a corpse.

I hear the door open. "Jewel?"

I groan. "What is it?"

"Oh my gosh, Jewel, your room is so dark. Open the curtains, will you?"

Oh no.. Don't open the curtains, mom!

"Sure!" I blurted, "I agree, it's pretty dark.. I'll open the curtains later."

"Anyways, I thought I heard you talking to someone. Xander?"

OMG my heart was racing.

"I guess you weren't talking to him. Maybe I was just imagining it."

"I wish I was talking to Xander," I mutter loud enough for her to hear.

She closes the door.

I wait just in case she might open the door again.

...

Okay. Coast is clear.

I slowly stand up and open the curtains.

His window was closed and his curtains were slightly opened but mostly closed.

I sigh. What is gonna happen at 1 AM??

A/N I know, I know. You heard this excuse like a million times but it's totally true. Studies. YES I have school. And a huge writer's block. Please understand. I'm really sorry. This has been like 6 months since the last chapter. Please forgive me.