Chapter 1: Jewel Butler

Came home after high school. I opened the door and stepped in. Yup I was right. Dad was vlogging again. I went to my room. Closed my door and locked it. I took off my backpack and put it on the floor. I sat on my chair and spun. I looked at my room. A purple room with quotes everywhere. I went on my white laptop on my desk and did my homework.

1 hour later

Knock knock.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Daddy."

I sighed and got up. I unlocked the door and opened it.

"What do you want?"

"Are you done with homework yet?"

"Almost," I said.

"In a few minutes, we are going to play a family game! Doesn't that sound fun?!" Dad smiled cheesily.

I rolled my eyes.

"Are you going to film it?" I asked.

"Yes but why don't you want to be in our vlogs?"

"I don't want the attention and I don't want to travel and go anywere. I don't want to do things besides live in my room."

"Jewel, you are a lazy bum." Dad said loudly. Then he left my room.

I heard Brock yelling in the back, "Lazy bum! Lazy bum!" He ran in my room and jumped on me. I carried him and went to Gavin's room. I put Brock on his lap.

"Take care of him. Good luck."

I left and went to my room to finish up my homework.

I heard many laughs and screams coming from the living room. I wondered why I'm like this. Why am I not participating in this fun event? Why do I not do fun things like my family? Do I not like fun? I feel as if I didn't belong in this family.

+++++

After dinner, dad said to me, "Spend time with your little brothers and sisters!"

Mom and Dad was watching a movie. Avia and Emmi were taking care of the baby. Brock was playing on his MyPad. And Gavin was making his bracelets. I went to Gavin. 

"Hey, Gavin."

"Hi."

"Can I make rubber bands bracelets with you?"

Gavin stared at me because I am always spending time on my computer and living in my room. 

Gavin hesitated then said yes. 

Gavin taught me how and it was pretty fun! I made a turquoise and white bracelet. I put it on. It looked nice. Then I went to Avia and Emmi.

"How's the baby?"

"Daxton's fine. He's calm," said Avia.

"Yeah," Emmi agreed.

I heard Dad saying loudly, "Hey! So right now, I'm watching Batman with my beautiful wife." 

Yup. He's vlogging.

Avia and Emmi's eyes lit up. "Dad's vlogging!" Avia said. She carried Daxton out to Dad and Emmi followed her. Then, I went to Brock who was sitting on the couch playing his MyPad. I sat next to him. 

"Hi Brock. What games are you playing?"

"This one."

Brock was playing a racing game.

"Cool."

Brock's car hit the other cars and he hit the sides.

"YAAAA!!!" He yelled. Then I heard Dad coming. "Let's see what Rocktard is up to!"

Then he filmed me and Brock. 

"Oops. I'm going to have to edit that out." Then Dad walked away. I went to my bed and lied there listening to music. 

I kind of want to be in Dad's vlogging videos. I know Dad will allow it. But the fans would find out Dad was keeping something from them. I thought. I lied there. Listing the advantages and disadvantages in my head whilst listening to music. My eyes felt heavy and I fell asleep.