Chapter 2A - relationships of all kind & Chapter 2B - that's unexpected.

Chapter 2A – relationships of all kind

The day was as normal as it could have been for onyx. She was in her room alone when she notices the rooms where louder than usual. "what's going on?" she asked "oh, me and pearl are just having a sibling day." Granite responded, "you want in?" pearl asked, "I'm good." Onyx responded. She realised that the notice wasn't just from granite's room and she went downstairs to investigate. She heard it coming from sapphire's room and she knocked on the door. "are you guys all right in here?" she asked, "we're fine, it's just date night." Sapphire responded. "then what's he doing here?" she asked pointing at ruby. "I'm bored and my other sister isn't here, she won't tell anybody where she's gone." He responded. "you can always hang out with me." Onyx suggested. "I'm good here, why don't you go and hang out with that copper?" ruby asked.

She just closed the door and she was wanting to leave but she noticed a crack in Citrine door. "what are you guys doing in here?" she asked Citrine and glass. "where just hanging out and playing games." "can I join." She asked Citrine. "I don't mean any offence, but this is kind of a guy's day." Citrine responded. "where's copper?" she asked back. "he's in the lab, working on something." Glass responded and onyx left shutting the door. She ran to the lab wondering how copper got in when she remembers he had a tech core. She walked into where she considered her workspace, to see that copper was working on something.

"do you need any help there?" she asked, "I'm good." "but I can help, I'm good with tech." she responded. "I know you the zirconia child and all, but I don't need your help." Copper responded. Onyx just gave the 16 year old puppy dog eyes and he felt some level of pity. "look I could use some help with the power source for this thing, I'm trying to make a communicator for our team." Copper said, but onyx surprised him. "I already have some communicators made; they even work between dimensions. They use a unique network that I finished off from my brothers work and they can talk from any ware in the multiverse." She explained showing him the communicator. "you are good, what did you say your name was." "it's onyx, we've lived together for a week. How do you not know my name?" she asked "I don't know the other 4's names. But I like your style." He said giving the device a look over.

"it's pretty simple and it uses our cores to power them." "and what if we don't have our cores on us." "there's some solar panels on the back and it has its own built in battery, although the battery life is limited." She explained feeling like she was belonged for the first time the whole day. "we should colab on something, got any ideas?" he asked. She thought about it and the only thing that came to her mind was fixing the machine on this side of the dimension. "I don't know it could be dangerous." "try me." "we could try to fix this dimensional portal device." Copper paused for a minute. "what portal device?" onyx showed him the machine being in a similar state as to when she started working on it in the other dimension. "how long has this been here?" he asked "about the last 6 years. I worked on fixing it in the other dimension, when the others joined me."

"you fixed an interdimential portal, mostly on your own?" he asked in disbelief. "yeah, I don't even know why I did at first. Something compelled me but I still don't know what." She explained as she got a call on her phone from aqua. "what's up?" she asked. Can you meet me outside?" aqua asked. "Shure, but why?" onyx asked, "you'll understand when you come outside." Aqua responded as she hung the phone up. "I'll be back in a few; I just need to see what sapphire's sister wants." Onyx explained as she sped outside. "we need to talk; I now realise that outside isn't the best place for this." Aqua explained as she moved them to her room.

Walking in onyx could see that the room was filled with plants from this dimension and that somewhere from the other dimension. "what's so important we would need to come here?" onyx asked. "I've been giving it some thought, and I don't like the idea of you being an orphan any longer." Aqua started. Onyx started to look concerned when aqua passed her a present. "it took me a while to figure out how to, but I've finally decided to make the bond we have official." She said. Onyx opened it and started to tear up, it was something she was never expecting but something she was over joined to see. "all you need to do is sigh here and it's official." Aqua said handing onyx a pen. She signed the adoption paper and she became 'onyx, beryl, zirconia' "thank you." Onyx said hugging her new mother. "your welcome." Aqua responded, letting the tears flow out.

Chapter 2B – that's unexpected.

After everything that happened the previous day, she was feeling overwhelmingly happy. She was in the park experimenting with her powers when she noticed something swimming in the water. She could recognise the shape as what she saw the moth before, but she couldn't quite make out the shape. When she took a closer look, the figure was humanoid, but it had a fish tail. She didn't believe it, but it was what she was thinking. "it is you! it's been so long. Where have you been?" the mermaid asked. The tail of the mermaid was a gold colour and what stood out to onyx the most was that she was wearing a sweater. "I'm sorry, my memory is fuzzy at best. Who are you?" The mermaid got a look of disappointment, but she explained "it's me Adella, I haven't seen you in 8 years, you look so different from when I last saw you." Adella explained.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember anything from before I was 10 and a half. It's nice to meet you Adella. I don't know that mermaids existed in this dimension." She said rubbing the back of her neck. "this dimension?" Adella asked "I've been lost in a different dimension for the last 6 years. Can I ask you a question?" Adella nodded. "how are you waring a sweatshirt underwater." "that's a fair question. It's weaved with a unique waterproof material from my kingdom, I would love to show it you someday onyx." Adella explained "I understand but I might be able to do that. I'm in the middle of making a special suit. I could add an underwater mode." Onyx explained "that would be awesome. Where's your brother?" she asked, and she could tell from onyx's face to not press further.

"what happened to your skin and hair anyway"? Adella asked "It's complicate but it's how I got back and was able to take the citadel back from a villain." She tried to explain "where they a villain?" "what?" onyx asked for clarification. "some people might be doing the wrong think but to them it's justified." Adella explained. Onyx thought on the answer for a minute but then her phone rang. "it's my mom, I need to take this." She explained answering the phone "where are you, people are asking questions about last night." "I'll be there in a flash." She said hanging up the phone "I'm sorry, I've got to go. Here take this." She said handing Adella a communicator. "what's this?" Adella asked. "it's a way for me to talk to you without me being here, it's waterproof so don't worry about that." She explained as she took of back home

"I'm back, what do you need me to explain?" she asked, "I don't need you to explain anything, I called everybody here to celebrate." Aqua explained "let's get this party started." Glass said cracking a party popper. She just walked around and talked with everyone. "congrats, onyx." Pearl said walking over and slapping her on the back, nearly chocking her. "thanks." Onyx responded. "it's nice that you've found a family after everything that happened. I'm happy for you." Pearl said. "it is nice to feel like I belong, but I felt like something's off." Onyx responded. "I get it, it can feel weird to be with a new family. After I found jakes family, I thought that I was home, but it just feels like I have two different families now." Pearl sympathised with onyx as she went to take a dance with pyrite. When the party was over onyx went to the lab to finish working on her suit like she promised she would to her old friend.