Chapter 6A - a trip back home & Chapter 6B - the parade

"where are you going?" pearl asked seeing onyx near the barely recomplete portal. "after what happened last month, I'm going to see my friends." Onyx responded. "besides, it's the year anniversary of the incident and I'm going to go back and celebrate it." "why would you go and celebrate a disaster?" pearl asked. "it's more to remember who was lost in the tragedy, an to try and stop it from happening again, even though I now know it was my fault." "how?" pearl asked "when I tried to take the 'green orb' from the basement I, unknowingly, activated the machine and I sent out a feedback through the nearby area and it caused the other three to go into those forms I want to forget." Onyx explained opining a portal. "well, I'm coming with you, I want to see Jake again." She said as she walked up to the portal. "ladies first." Onyx said with a smirk and they both entered.

When they existed the grey portal, they found themselves in the wrong place. "wait, this is where I first came out when I tried to come here." Pearl commented on. "I think my portals only work on a dimensions week spot. I've tried to open portals to other dimensions, and I can, it's just I'm too scared to go through them." Onyx explained as she grabbed pearls hand and she took her to jakes house. Pearl nocked on the door and Jake answered and immediately hugged her. He signed "it's been so long, how've you been." "things have been getting tense back in the citadel, sorry it's been so long." She responded, "well if your both good here, I'm going to go and see my friends?" she asked "yeah, you can go, and say high to Gwendolyn for me." Pearl responded. Onyx gave a nod and she speed off for the town she grew up in.

She arrived first at her house where she was feeling nostalgic and she looked around in all of the rooms. Ruby's was as hot as ever, aqua's plants room felt as empty as it could without the plants and granite's room sill had his gym equipment. She called the group text and asked for a meet up. She was on the way to the meet up spot, going at a normal pace to soke in the atmosphere of the place when Charlie came strolling up. "I thought you moved away, freak. And dyeing you hair won't fool anyone." "I'm allowed back, and I just wanted a change. Not that it has anything to do with you." She said trying to walk past Charlie with her hands in her hoodie's pocket. "I want to know how you make your sword; I know you have a way. I want to know how." She demanded to know. "I don't need to deal with you." She said trying to walk past.

"you don't get to go until you tell me how." "I can do so much more than just make a sword." She said holding Charlie in a grey glow. She walked past with Charlie screaming to many things to keep track off and onyx took off and a high speed. She arrived at the meet up where she saw everybody was there. "hay onyx, congrats on finally getting adopted." Olivia said upon seeing onyx walking in. "thanks, I hope the same happens to you too someday." "I hope so, being a near 16 year old orphan is not a good look for anybody adopting." Olivia responded.

"so how are things at the citadel." Gwen asked. "not including the fact that we found a fake aqua and diamond, and that I nearly died in an underwear city filled with merpeople, it's been pretty good." Onyx responded. "wait merpeople?" Amy asked "yeah, turns out my dimension has merpeople. And I got to learn about my ancestors." She explained pulling out the book she had just bought from the library. She showed them the multiple pages of the zirconia family. "your family tree is impressive." Jessica said giving it a look over. "they were mostly made of geniuses, so that's where my intellect comes from." Onyx explained. "wait is that coal?" Brian pointed out. "yeah, according to this book and my new mom, he's my dad but we haven't seen him since the battle of the citadel, so he's considered dead." Onyx explained. "are you guys ready for the parade?" Elizabeth asked. "it's got free food, why wouldn't I be." Ed responded as they headed off for the parade.

Chapter 6B – the parade

As the group approached where the parade was, when Charlie jumped out from behind a building and she tried to get onyx. "seriously will you tone it down with trying to kill me?" onyx asked. "I will get the secret of your superpowers." Charlie said walking off to the parade. "what's her issue?" onyx asked. "ever since she snuck off and caught us training, she's been slowly descending into madness and her mom won't take her to therapy or anything." Gwen explained "it's tanked her likeability and that made things even worse as her mom accused the school of doing something to her." Onyx felt guilty for what was happening to Charlie.

She had to let the guilt move behind her mind as she went to parade. Gwen, Elizabeth, Brian, and Olivia snuck off from the group and only onyx and Amy noticed. They shrugged their shoulders and watched the floats came by. The floats was off celebrating the different people who helped during the incident. The first was for the medical staff and jill was on the float waving, next was for the store owners who gave to charity and the people in need and David was on the float, next was for the adoption centre and Olivia was on the float with Sophia, Isabella and jessie. After a few more floats, there was a float that none of the remaining friends were expecting. It was a rainbow float that Gwen and Elizbeth where on. "that's a little over the top, and why are they in the centre." Ted asked "if I had to guess, it's probably because Gwen has been really active in the community since she was 12" onyx guessed. "well whatever the reason, I'm happy for them." Jessica responded. The final float came by and it was the sports float and onyx couldn't find Charlie on them.

She was starting to get genuinely worried for her rivel and she went to go and find Charlie. She went around the town and she yelled out her name many times when she found Charlie crying under a tree. "are you ok?" she asked when Charlie jumped out at her. Onyx got her in a grey glow and forced her to the ground. "you need to calm down. You're not doing well." Onyx tried to explain but Charlie wasn't listening to onyx, so she had to let Charlie tiered herself out. "I need your power." Charlie said waring herself down. "no you need to see a doctor." Onyx responded as she grabbed Charlie and put her over her shoulder.

She took her to DR Johnston's office. "hello, their onyx, I thought you had left." He commented on. "I did but I need you to take a look at Charlie here. she's not doing so well, mentally. I don't know what caused this but I'm willing to pay for her safety. Onyx explained. "you know that the first session's free." He responded as he pulled Charlie into his office. He could tell that onyx was scared and she waited outside while the session happened. "how is she doc." Onyx asked. "this isn't not going to be a one and done deal, she'll need to come back, but she's recognised that she is going through something." He responded. "thank you, she was my school bully, but I'd do this again. I just can't help but feel responsible. She's going after my core and I want to help but I can't remove it from my body." She explained. "you've done the right thing, don't worry about it." he responded as they left

"I can't believe you'd do that for me." Charlie said going some of her senses. "and I'd do it again, I don't hate you, despite what you might think. You have just been misguided, but you still have a chance." Onyx explained. "I'm sorry for everything, could you ever forgive me?" Charlie asked, "I already have." Onyx responded as she sped off for her friend group. "what happened?" Gwen asked. "I had to do something for Charlie, and she seems to be responding well." Onyx explained. "actually there is one more thing I forgot about. Gwen, would you like to come for a sleep over." "I would but why now?" "it's a test, if it goes well, I can have bigger sleep overs." Onyx explained. While Gwen went to go and pack her bag for the night, onyx went to go and pick up pearl. When the three where ready, onyx opened the portal and they headed for the citadel.