Chapter 4A - exploring a new kingdom & Chapter 4B - this was a mistake.

Chapter 4A – exploring a new kingdom.

They swam closer to the kingdom onyx thought she would have to think of an excuse. "wait before we go in, my name is Ariel, I have health conditions and a skin condition and that's why I'm stuck in this suit." She explained and Adella agreed to this coverup. "why Ariel though?" Adella asked "it's the name of one of the most famous mermaids back in the other dimension." Onyx explained as they entered the kingdom. Onyx looked around and she could see just how beautiful the city was.

It was like an underwater version of crystalopolis, but it was clearly had no tech around and everybody seemed to be friendly and understood why she was stuck in the suit. They reached the centre of the city where she could see a statue of the king and his family. "wait is that you?" onyx asked pointing to the young girl on the statue. "yeah, my dad is the king." Adella explained as two guards came over to them. Miss Adella, the king wishes to see you. "of course, he does, he's my dad. Come on Ariel." Adella said. "sorry we can't let her go with you." "why not she's my friend?" Adella asked "we can't let any unauthorised people into the castle, you know that." Guard two explained. "as the princess I give her full permeation to go to the castle." "your bending the rules." Guard one said. "their bent, not broken. Now do you want to keep the king waiting." Adella asked and they headed for the castle.

"hello dad, what do you want?" Adella asked as the pair came swimming into the into the throne room. "you know why you're here, you snuck out, when there is the potential for the currents getting worse." The king explained as his poor wife just sat there in silence. "I didn't know, besides I needed to help my friend." Adella responded. "and who is this?" he asked taking notice of the strange suit she was wearing. "this is Adella, she needs help. She lost her family in the trimmers." "you come to me for something like that." The king reminded Adella. "I haven't seen a suit like that in a long time, where did you get it and why do you need it?" he asked onyx who couldn't answer. "dad, she's a mute. She had to write her name in the sand." Adella explained. "well, let's make our new guest comfortable." He said getting into a more cherry mood.

Onyx was shown to a guest bedroom that was available at the moment. She just sat there and looked out of the window for a few minutes when she got a call. She moved her hand inside of the suit and looked at her phone. She signed as it was from aqua, under the name of 'mom'. "hay mom, I know I've been away for a while but I'm just hanging out with ted. I'll be home tomorrow." Onyx said before aqua could say anything. "you might want to stay there for a few days, the weather is getting bad here, pearl and Citrine are trying stop it but it's too bad and it's over too big of a space. Not to mention, I don't like the way that water is moving, I might need to check it out." Aqua said, and after she said goodbye and onyx did the same and they both hung up. She just looked out to the city and she closed her eyes and she fell asleep.

Chapter 4B – this was a mistake

When she awoke, she couldn't move her arms. She could see they were tied up and she was feeling drained from the suit using the gravity core as its power source. "where am I?" she demanded to know, as she struggled in the ropes. "I'm only going to ask this once, who sent you?" someone asked from the shadows. "who are you?" onyx asked back. "look at your situation, are you in the position to demand anything now answer me." The figure asked, "I have no idea what you're talking about, now let me out of here." Onyx explained as asked of the shadowy figure.

"I know you have something to do with cores repapering. So, tell me how." He demanded again. "I don't know what you're on about. Who are you?" then he stepped out of the shadows to reveal himself to be the king. "I should have figured. Now please let me out, I need to find my family." Onyx said. "I know that of that suit construction, and I know you had something o do with the cores reappearance. You can't play dumb with me. Where is the gravity core?" he demanded to know. "I have literally no idea what you're talking about. Shure I'm not a mute like your daughter said but I have no idea what a 'gravity core' is." Onyx responded as she continued to struggle through the ropes around her.

The king swam up to her and punched the suit's glass on the helmet to prove his point. When the water didn't start flowing in, he was convinced. "how is the water not flowing in then?" he asked thinking his point was proven. "the glass has to be ridiculously thick to withstand the pressure down here, you didn't manage to get through all of the layers, ow let me go." She explained and demanded. "not until you tell me where or core is, your skin is the same colour as it. I know you have it." "no, I don't." onyx said being barely able to keep herself awake.

"Are you down here honey?" the queen asked as she swam down through the hole in the ceiling. "what's going on here?" the queen wanted to know. "she has our core, we can't let her leave while she has it." the king explained "I don't care, the tremors are getting stronger. The people need their king." The queen stated as she untied the ropes around onyx's hands. "you need to listen to reason, if we can get the core back, we can stop the tremors and whatever follows them." "will you listen to yourself, your trying to kidnap this child because of a suspicions you have." The queen made him listen to her. "you need to stand down." The king demanded but the queen responded "no, I just needed to distract you."

He turned around to see that onyx was gone. "I'll deal with you later, for now we need that core that she stole from us." The king said as he charged out of the room. Adella found onyx half asleep and the water slowly entering her suit. "stay with me a little longer, where near the surface." She said as she dragged onyx to the surface. Onyx woke up and she saw that they were in the middle of nowhere, but she could see the light of home. She was so scared that she entered her heightened sate, she turned her tale back into legs and she ran herself back to the citadel and she carried Adella in a water bubble. She got back to the citadel where she dropped Adella in the pool on the 56th floor and she fell to the floor.