Chapter 30 - the final confrontation

"so then, what's this plan of yours?" granite asked. "we have three things to take care of, we need to deactivate the reactor until we have defeated both the bootlegs and coal. So team jewel is going to take on the bootlegs while copper, glass, citrine and the c team shut down the reactor. Everybody else will go to the bunker and they'll take coal in. it's going to be hard, but it's going to be worth it to save all of reality." Onyx explained. "all right, so how do we know when they're here?" copper asked when they all heard an earthquake outside. "their here." Copper responded.

They all headed off for where they were meant to go. "the elevator's cut. We need to go down the chute." Copper said activating to controls for the elevator. Granite and ruby forced the door opened and the two teams started to crawl down the shaft, however onyx just walked down the wall. "I'm going to speed of and delay them, we need as much time as we can get." "no, we stick together. You can't take all 5 of them." Granite responded. "hold on, I'm coming with you." Jasper said. "you need to stay here and help with the evacuation." Citrine responded. "Sam's handling the evacuation. I'm coming." Jasper responded starting to crawl down the elevator shaft. "why don't we just use the vent's like last time?" Olivia asked. "we had to see them up after the bootlegs where using them to get around.

Meanwhile the others where approaching the base. "are we going to get suits like that?" Brian asked. "sorry, we didn't have the time to make any, especially since only onyx and copper know how to make them." Obsidian responded. "don't you have onyx's intelligence?" Amy asked. "no, her data was corrupted and artificially aged up." Obsidian explained. When they arrived, they danced into the bunker and obsidian made a shield and sapphire made her vine whips. "stay there you!" sapphire demanded from coal as she whipped his hands and got them in the grasp in vine whips. "that won't work." Coal responded using the device in his hands. A burst of fire came out of and it burned up the vine whips. "that looks familiar." Obsidian said fully knowing what it was. "it Shure does my daughter, I managed to reverse engineer it from your clone." Coal responded.

"I'm the clone and you know it. you're doing all this to go back in time to kill her. Why not now?" obsidian responded and asked. "simple, eradicating the mistake now, won't stop it from making its biggest mistake." Coal explained. "you're talking about her birth killing onyx's mom, aren't you?" Elizbeth asked. "once, the clones have made the device, they will see to exist. I will have won, and nobody will be the wiser. Nobody will be able to remember anything." Coal responded. Sapphire recreated her vine whips and she got the device out of coal's hand. "obsidian take this and go. You might be able to convince the other bootlegs to stand down." Sapphire said keeping her grip on coal. "what about you?" obsidian asked. "she's got us." Jessica responded and she took off.

Everybody else got ready to take on the biggest fight of their lives. "before we go in there, do not go for your bootleg, go for a different one. If you go for your own, you risk not being able to win due to their better control over their heightened states. Mom go for spinel, ruby go for opal, granite go for lapis and pearl you need to fight marble. I'm going to have to go for cubic zirconia as nobody else can keep up with him." Onyx explained as ruby kicked the locked door. "here we are, we finally get to get rid of those fakers." Zirconia said as he approached the reactor. Onyx sped over to him and she knocked him down. "not today, you faker." She responded to his excitement. "I knew you guys wouldn't be far behind. Go fight them while I set up the reactor." Zirconia demanded and they bootlegs went to go and fight their counter parts.

Copper, glass, and the C team went to go and stop the reactor. "over here." Ruby yelled throwing fire balls at opal. "what are you doing, shouldn't you go and fight spinel?" "nah, I've wanted to destroy that face since last year." Ruby responded trying to punch opal. Pearl then shot an arrow at marble. "I don't want to fight you." He responded catching the arrow. "you might not want to, but I've fought that face many time before in training. This won't be any different." Pearl responded shooting a multitude of arrows. He caught the last one, but it exploded in his face. "oh boy, I get to fight you." Spinel said going in to punch aqua. She just moved to the side and let him run into the wall. "you're as predictable as ever." Aqua responded forming her spear and destroying the flames that spinel was trying to create. Granite didn't have any remarks, he and lapis just fought as if it was one of the training sessions that he had had many times before. "I told you, you can't defeat me." Topaz said running at jasper. "no, I just need to make you use all of your energy." Jasper responded as she kept of dodging the attacks.