Chapter 10 - A war with many sides.

"you've got 10 minutes before we go." Granite said as he packed a small bag in the throne room. Onyx just continued to work on her prototype device. "just don't die please." Pyrite asked of his girlfriend. "if you couldn't kill me, I don't think anybody could." Pearl responded with a joke. He walked off and took his seat on the throne. "what's that?" peal asked. "it's a multi-use device. I got inspiration from a game I hate and love, needle mouse resistance, and I managed to make this. I can't make things like water or lighting like you guys can, so this will help me out. It's got a lighting whip, a burst of boiling water, a burst of fire that can send me into the air, a short area earthquake with a rocky hammer, the ability for things to orbit around me like my super form and a bust of speed that envelops me in an almost invincible green forcefield." She explained as she tightened a few of the screws.

"so how long have you been working on it?" "just a few days, since last week when the bootlegs cam to attack me and sapphire, I decided that I needed more protection and more ways of attack. It even has voice control so I can use it at a distance or when my hands are tied." She explained. just a few minutes later, the 10 minutes where up and the 7 person group headed off for the land of war. Meanwhile sapphire hitched a ride in the storage compartment where the food and water was being stored. When the boat came to a sudden stop she was thrown forward where she was caught by a solder.

"who are you and what are you doing here?" he asked pulling the gun off of his back to intimidate her. She just raised her hands and said she would follow. They arrived in the bunker where everybody was, and she could see that Sam was standing with the commander. "I told you to stay home. What, did you take a giant lily pad over here?" Sam asked disappointed in their girlfriend "I know but I just want to help, you know I can." She said as the commander finally turned around. "why is she turquois and what's on her hand?" she asked. "commander jasper meet my girlfriend. She's a core bearer and her name's sapphire." They explained as they lowered, they're head. "a core bearer huh, welcome to the war. What powers you got?" jasper asked

Sapphire created her vine whips. "we could really use someone like you, we have a problem in the centre of the island." Jasper explained as she pointed at the map. "ok, so what do you want me to do?" sapphire asked. "you me and Sam are going to investigate." Jasper said. The group of 7 where approaching the war land on a boat they got from the king and hey where discussing a plan when pearl (who was the look out) asked them to look at the island closer. They all took a look to see that there was a massive colour show of: grey, green, brown, white, blue and red. "that's where we'll find them. Onyx, copper and glass will go to the bunker and get sapphire and the rest of us will go and deal with them." Granite gave the orders and when they came to the shore they split off.

Copper handed glass a small radio and glass was able to boost he signal through himself. "can anybody here us, we need to find our fellow core bearer sapphire." Glass asked in the radio. "we here you, your friend just went off with our commander south. I hope that helps." One of the solders asked, "thank you." He responded as he passed it back to copper where he turned it into a radio wave gun. "come on you two, let's go." She said as she sped off. "do you think she'll ever realise that we don't have super speed?" glass asked "nope." Copper responded adding a few other items to the weaponised radio. "their you two are. Don't go there." Onyx said standing In front of the trio.

"why not, is there something wrong onyx?" Sam asked. "it's the bootlegs, you and jasper are not prepared to handle all 6 of them." Onyx explained. "how do you know my name?" jasper asked. "did you have a sister that married coal zirconia?" onyx asked "that's a strange question, but yes. Why do you ask?" she asked noticing the green streek and green tip in her hair. "because I'm her daughter." Onyx said wincing. "wait your Alex's daughter. It's been 14 years since I last saw you. What are you doing in a place like this?" jasper asked realising that was her niece. "to save you from them." She said when she was pulled away from the trio by a green streak. "you. I won't let you stand in my way again." Zirconia stated as he threw her against a few of the tress and she went flying through a few of them.

Sapphire formed her vine whips and grabbed zirconia's wrist with them with his back turned. He turned around and span on the spot to force sapphire closer to him. She let go and the force sent him to the floor. "you're going to pay for that." Zirconia said as he got to his feet and he ran at sapphire headfirst. Onyx got up and met him, head to head. She decided to break out a reference to try and through him off "you might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help because I know everything you're going to do. strange isn't it." she said as she activated the speed function and she was enveloped in the green force field. "why does he look like Dimond?" jasper asked being able to recognise her nephew easer as his style hadn't changed in the past 14 years. "basically their clones of the original 6 core bearers." Sapphire explained. "well, isn't this a nice surprise." Topaz said walking out of the shadows.

"I thought you were in a cell." Jasper said placing herself in front of the other two. "turns out the dead weed over their can't keep track of just 4 of these people." She responded which sent sapphire into a blazing rage. She forced plants to grow and she was able catch topaz in a fly trap and in vines. Finally copper and glass caught up. "we got this, go help them." Onyx said clashing with zirconia at many different places around the area a few moments. They went inside the circle where they stopped the tree there from being chopped down. "at least it's just the two of them. Their weak and they can't fight back." Mable said as he sent opal after the two of them. glass sent a burst of radio waves and it was enough to throw them all off. "you want to play this game. All right let's play." Spinel said as he lit his fists on fire. Obsidian just left the fighting area where she found onyx and zirconia fighting.

"I told you it was here." Citrine told granite as they arrived at the arena. "is their anybody else who would like to show up?" marble asked. "good work you two, let's get them." Granite directed towards glass and copper then the rest of the group. It was 4 vs 6 but the team with the lower numbers had grater control over their high tend state, other then lapis who still had the limiter on. They all created their weapons, citrine finally making his thunder clouds that flew over their heads and would send out bolts of lightning from them. While the fight was going on aqua realised that she could extinguish spinel's flames. "pearl go for my bootleg." She called to and she was able to push the water out of the way. Citrine then was able to electrify it. the battle was gruelling, and everybody was starting to tire out when zirconia decided to end it with one quick slash of a sharp branch. He pinned onyx down and he went in stab onyx...

Both zirconia and onyx looked in horror as they saw the wound the branch left, in obsidian. "you promised you wouldn't kill them." She responded as she fell to the floor. Onyx was horrified that he would do that to his own sister and zirconia was horrified that she would jump in the way of a finishing blow. He just stood there, frozen in shock and fear. Meanwhile onyx entered her super state and she made the massive journey across the water and to place obsidian's barley living body into one of the pods and she set it to heel. She ran state back, grabbed zirconia and threw him at the others. She threw them at the boat they came in and she force them off before she killed her brother for a second time. "what was that?" jasper asked as her jaw dropped after seeing a green and grey steak moving so fast, it moved into itself. Onyx started crying from fear and jasper walked over. "I'm coming home with you all. This is too serious to ignore." She explained as they got onto a military ship and headed back.

The bootlegs crawled into their bunker where zirconia provided to place the wood into the pod where it's natural healing properties took over. "I can't believe you stabbed her." Lapis said speaking up. "back off, I didn't mean to. And you will all shut up unless you want to end up like her." He said as he fell to the floor and he started crying immensely and he fell into the fetal position.