Chapter 14 - stuck in a different universe.

She reread the section on gravity core, from the book of her great aunt, but she couldn't find anything helpful. It was mostly warnings and she couldn't find anything. "hay guys how did your side go. Mine went smoothly and I even found some kind of elemental crystal, along with more of my family history. Not to mention its core related." She explained excitedly. She noticed that while everybody was tiered, team gem was more tired. "what happened?" she asked as obsidian continued to find her own way of controlling her powers. "IF I EVER SEE ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE CRYSTALS AGAIN, I WILL KILL SOMEONE!" Ruby yelled. "copper are you ready to finish our project?" onyx asked. He looked at his back and saw it needed repair. "yeah, I've got time." He reasoned. The went back to the portal and onyx used the original blueprints she took when was sent back intime.

"this should work." She said as she added the final touches. "didn't those numbers kill diamond?" copper asked. "no, me being sent back in time and having to mess with the numbers did it." she said as she opened the portal with the glove she had made. And the portal opened, but nothing could be seen through it. "this should work with just one core now." Onyx stated as she placed her cored hand into the portal. Copper saw the numbers going up and he yelled for onyx to move away but she couldn't. her hand was stuck, and it was taking her through. "what's happening?" copper asked. "I have no idea." Onyx said as she was pulled through and the portal was shut behind her.

She woke up in the middle of the street and she tried to run into the building, but she couldn't run at her super speed. She had the speed core still attached to her, but she just couldn't' run. She couldn't use her powers either. "what's going on?" she asked herself as she soon found the citadel. "maybe I can scan myself in there and get some answers. She said as she tried to walk into the citadel, but the door was locked, and the reception was empty. She thought it was odd and she broke herself in through the external vent on the back of the building. She had sealed it off, but it was still there. She thought about just how strange it was and she continued through the vets.

She soon found herself at where the lab should be and the vents where still intact. "what's going on here?" she asked herself as she kicked the panel off the wall, and she jumped down from the vent. She fell flat on her face and she had to pick herself back up. "I guess that without the speed core I'm not as acrobatic." She told herself as she stood up. "who are you?" someone asked as they approached her. "who's there, I have a keyboard and I'm not afraid to use it as a weapon." She said as she backed into a corner "wait, I'd recognise that voice anywhere. Onyx what happened to you, and where is your brother and farther." The woman asked

She looked up and she recognised the face from the pictures she had found around the old, bootlegs base. "mom... is that... you?" she asked with tears in her eyes. She ran over and hugged her mom. "are you ok dear?" Alex asked. "I have no idea where I am or when I am but it's nice to finally see you." "I saw you yesterday." Alex said with confusion. "quick question, how old am I?" "why do you need to ask." "just answer it please?" onyx asked of her mom. "your 15, when I saw you yesterday you had a dress on, and you weren't so grey. What happened?" Alex asked, "I don't think I'm in my home universe anymore." "what are you talking about?" Alex asked. "where I'm from, everybody in our family but jasper is dead." She explained hugging her biological mother harder. "I am so confused, what's going on?" Alex asked again.

Onyx pulled her over to a white board. "I come from a different universe where your dead and that lead to the entire family's down fall. I got stuck in a different dimension, I have superpowers and I got to meet a new family." Onyx explained drawing her own timeline on the white board (excluding the mention of coal beyond Alex's death). "so how are you here?" Alex asked as he phone started ringing. "hello honey how are you doing?" their version of coal asked. Onyx was making signals to be silent. "I'm doing all right. It's as uneventful, as always." Alex responded. "so can you tell me what happens to our family?" Alex asked "it's too much to compress into a few sentences but everybody's dead. Everybody but jasper and that's only because I didn't find her until last month." Onyx explained.