Chapter 23A - fixing up & Chapter 23B - this is now mine.

Chapter 23A – fixing up.

Onyx was in her tent getting ready to add the crystal from the time travel escapade. She had been waiting until now as her tent was further into the kingdom than any other residents. She had managed to convince aqua to let her have a makeshift workshop in the wilting woods, by bringing up how they are in a war zone. She inserted the crystal and she waited for some kind of reaction, but there was no such reaction. She inspected the multi-tool and she noticed that it seemed to be more power full and more efficient. "I wonder how it knew about this." she asked herself as pearl walked in and noticed that onyx was talking to herself.

"what are you doing?" she asked, and onyx looked nervous. "I'm just testing this new crystal I manage to find on a recent adventure. It's a small chip off of the original piece I found but it's making this thing work extremely well." Pearl gave a chuckle. "what's so funny?" "I just remember when I first met you. You were so embraced about you extreme intelligence." Onyx then walked over and started to walk out of the tent with pearl. "to be honest I still am. It's just that I've been able to put it to use here, unlike in the other dimension where the best I could do is a group presentation in a night because I could push it back until the last minute." "sounds like a peaceful life." Pearl responded. Onyx placed the multi tool on the little hook on her hoodie "it was a tiering life because school was to easy and I spent most of my time just helping Gwen work on the harder subjects." The pair gave a short laugh and they stopped when they reached the negotiating ground.

"I still can't adapt to so many people in one spot." Onyx stated as she noticed the number of soldiers standing their ground. Sam was amongst the crowed as they were all standing on edge. "should I get my shields ready or..." onyx asked. "no, save them. Where heading for the negotiating tent." Pearl explained as they just walked around the groups. They were stopped by one of the guards before entering the tent. "I need some kind of ID." The two looked at each other with confusion. "how many grey skinned 16-year olds do you know?" "that doesn't matter. I just need ID." Pearl rolled her eyes and pulled out two lanyards with ID badges on them. They were allowed to enter, and they walked through.

"I can feel the tension here." Pearl stated as they walked through where there was a bright line down the middle of the area. "why did you keep theses hidden anyway?" onyx asked looking at her lanyard, noticing that it was missing 'zirconia' from it. "I hate these things. They make using this suit hard and it scratches my neck." Pearl responded as she fiddled with it. "I'm just annoyed they left it without my real last name." onyx explained. "I thought you would have, given the opportunity to, leave that name behind?" Pearl asked. "I've already explained it to Adella and sapphire, but I've kept it to not let the last name in this legendary family name die with a murderer who wants to kill me for some reason." "how do you know he's after you specifically?" pearl asked with a smirk. "a few things, he didn't really know much about anybody but me and you, but he used zirconia as a way to keep himself going. Why do you think he didn't just give himself the new cores?" onyx asked back.

Pearl's smirk dropped and they finally entered the negotiation tent where the line continued in the ,larger than usual, tent. "I say we go 50/50 on land." Jasper tried to express to the other commander, but he was having none of it. "I'm sorry little missy but that's not going to happen. You know we have the majority share on this land." "I know, but our people could also need this." jasper tried to reason. "yes but I'm not taking orders from someone who only managed to work their way up through... disrespectful means." Jasper started to get angry. "I GOT TO THIS POINT BY WORKING HARD. NOT ALL OF US HAVE A MONARCH FOR A PARENT. YOUR FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD, WHYARE YOU EVEN HERE?" jasper yelled as she lost any cool, she hand. "all right, let's take 5." Pearl said as onyx and her pulled jasper out.

"what was that?" pearl asked, "I just lost my cool, I can calm down and try again." She stated as she sat down. "I've delt with people like this before. They rile you up for some kind of reaction. Eighter you give up or you give into your anger and it gives him an excuse to break off any type of treaty." Pearl explained. "how do you know that?" onyx asked "I was the bodyguard for the king, you get to see a lot of this stuff. He was surprisingly good at keeping calm in those situations. At least until topaz came along." Pearl explained as she looked down for that last part as to avoid eye contact. "well, I need to figure something out." Jasper responded as she tried to calm down. "where's mom and the rest?" onyx asked. "they went to check out the military and to see how they can supplement it instead of just cutting a lot of people out of a job." Jasper explained and onyx left in a grey and green streak. "will she ever stop doing that?" jasper asked as she had to get the dust out of his eyes. "not unless she suddenly becomes 8 again." Pearl responded as she let down the helmet of her suit