Chapter 20: the big birthday party.

"I'm glad you could get here early to help me out." Onyx told her best friend. "you have like 15 people coming to this party." "it could have been even more, but jennet couldn't make, she finally go the chance to go back to her parents after a year. I did invite Charlie but after what happened at the school, she wasn't up for it, which is fair. And I don't think that ted will actually be coming, for the same reason." Onyx told Gwen. "well, I hope this can match up with whatever adventures your having in your home dimension." "I hope not. I'm starting to get seriously tired from fighting bootlegs, like every week and having a sentient core stuck in my body." Onyx responded. Gwen put the plate of food down and responded. "wait what are bootlegs and what was that second one?" "bootlegs are clones of us original 6 core bearers and my gravity core is sentient. I can't hear it; it just takes over by body. Although the times it does is far and few. I've had to change my suit and multi tool to use elemental crystals. They work, it just takes longer to recharge." Onyx explained

"multi tool?" Gwen asked "you remember the custom tools in needle mouse resistance? Well I may have made my own." Onyx explained, speeding to her room, and grabbing the multi tool. "so where's your aunt?" Gwen asked changing the lighting in the room. "she had to go home for now. She needed to continue to work on the peace treaty." Onyx explained. "I wish my aunt was that cool." "it allowed her to be my only family to survive. Weirdly being a commander of war made her the only other family member to still be alive of mine." Onyx responded as the two girl broke out into an awkward laugh.

"well anyway, are you going to go and get pearl and pyrite?" Gwen asked. "first I need to get Jake. Back in a flash." She said running to the next town over. She tried to activate the speed function on her multi tool, but it fail and even tripped her up. "synthetic crystal test 8. Failure as the others, I have no idea how create the right crystal. Mabey that's for the better." She told her sui and she moved got back up and picked up Jake. "you ready to go to this sleep over?" onyx asked Jake nodded and put his thumb up, she put him in a gravity bubble, and they ran back to her house. "I'll be back in a sec. this could take a while. Pyrite felt the need to pack the entire citadel in his suitcase." Onyx explained as she ran into the bunker.

She opened the portal and she ran through. "you three ready for this?" onyx asked, "I still don't understand the idea of this sleep over." Obsidian responded. "it's more of a slumber party." Pearl responded. Pyrite was still trying to pack his suitcase. "come on, I told you to not to pack everything. You'll be gone for one day." Pearl said helping him take things out. "did you really need 5 different pairs of cloths?" pearl asked "sorry, it's just my first time away from home. What if the bootlegs come to attack us?" onyx then walked over from explaining what a slumber party is to obsidian. "that's why this is the first time to try something like this out. You'll have 3 people with superpowers and at least 7 others who know how to use weapons. Not to mention they can't reach us in the other dimension."

"well, my team did go back to that bunker and we didn't find much that would help." Obsidian spoke up. "if you 3 are ready to go, we probably should before Gwen locks us out." Onyx said and they headed for the, sill broken, machine. She opened the portal and she welcomed them inside. "you used to live here?" pyrite asked "yeah, although it's like the 3rd one. Although I don't think he was lying about me burning the house down if the images of him and mom working on the house while it's on fire and I'm running away. 9 year-old me was a weird little child." Onyx explained as they sat down. "is everybody here?" she asked seeing everybody she expected to show up being there. "I think so. I've got the game set up and it's in tourney mode. All we need to do is pick our characters.

Everybody chose the characters they picked previously while obsidian picked the poodle and pyrite picked the king or cruel. The game was going well, and onyx was her usual of needle mouse, and whit it came down to the final fighter to was onyx and Brian. "I see you've been practicing." "how could I not." "you forget, this character has a button to homing attack you." She said as she pressed the B button and Brian was shot off stage. "good game everybody." Onyx said as they thought of the next thing to do. "well, I have theses random personal questions cards." Amy spoke up.

They all sat in a big circle and they were asked what their favourite game was. Onyx started "it's obviously a needledoms game, but if I had to pick, it would be needle mouse adventure 3, world adventure." "how come?" Jessica asked. "it's the best the boost formula ever was before we got nostalgia overload and the werewolf sections where pretty fun. I don't care if they weren't about speed, it was fun to fight with stretchy arms. Not to mention the series would be dead without it after the 2006 disaster of a reboot." Onyx explained. " why are you talking about it like you where there in 2008?" Elizabeth asked. "I just get so invested in my needle mouse knowledge; I even made that device after it." onyx explained pointing at the multitool hanging on the coat rack.

"I'll ask about I later but mine would actually have to be a collection. Kingdom souls, 1.5 +2.5 HD remix edition." Elizabeth spoke up. "I didn't take you for an RPG fan." Jessica responded, "what is that title?" pearl asked, "the funniest thing to see on a game shelf." Amy responded. "mine has to be epic bendy." Gwen explained and Elizabeth gave her a weird look. "you don't know everything about me." Gwen responded as they gave each other a look. "you know there are 5 empty rooms upstairs, you can go up there." Onyx shouted from the other side of the table. "what about yours Olivia?" Jessica asked. "I would have to say, it's probably night souls." "that game that's being compared with the bandicoot?" Gwen asked, "yeah that one." Olivia responded. "mine is popopo air ride." Jessica spoke up. "what about you two?" Amy asked, "I don't think I even knew what a video game was until last week." Olivia spoke up.

They then moved on and it was getting late so all non-core bearers where getting to sleep when onyx was getting a call. "who's it from?" Gwen asked peeking at the name. "it's my mermaid friend, Adella." "oh, you should probably take theses back." Jessica said handing the two books back to onyx. "what's up Adella?" "you're having a party and you didn't invite me." Adella responded. "you can survive on land for at most 3 hours, this is a full night thing, if you want, I can keep you on video call if you want." Onyx suggested. "hay girl, how you been?" pearl asked. "it's as boring as ever down here." "well you know what they say. It's better, down where it's wetter." Onyx responded with only Gwen and Brian getting the reference. "can we see her?" Olivia asked.

Onyx turned the phone around and they could all see her. "I'm not going to lie, she's hot." Olivia responded upon seeing Adella. "well, that was awkward." Adella responded. "what's it like to live underwater?" Amy asked. "it's like flying, but less effort. Or at least that's what onyx has told me." Adella responded. "and I'm still working on allowing more than just me and obsidian to go under their but without exact dimensions, it's harder than you think." Onyx responded. "well, I'm crashing." Brain said as he fell asleep. Everybody else followed and it just left peal and onyx awake as obsidian tried sleep. "I thought aqua would be here for this." pearl said looking over everybody with suspicion in her eyes. "she went with aunt jasper as well as aunt sapphire." Onyx explained as she started to fall asleep. "besides I hope to get something for mom while I'm here." Onyx slipped out before dosing off. Pearl finally fell asleep an hour later, breaking her 7 yearlong streak of no sleep. "happy birthday onyx." She said before doing so