Chapter 24 - interrogation.

Chapter 24 – interrogation.

"aright, we want answers. What are the bootlegs up to?" pearl asked in her most menacing tone. "is it the best idea to leave him alone in there with her?" onyx asked. "if anyone can get the answer out of him, it's her." Pyrite responded. "was this a common occurrence?" granite asked. "common enough for me to know she's right for the job." Pyrite responded as they watched through the one way mirror. "I didn't even know we had this room." Onyx said, "we have 100 rooms, you're not going to know of all of them."

"what are they up to?" she asked again slamming her fist on the table in the room. "do you need to calm down?" spinel asked. "no I need to get some answers. What are they up to?" Pearl demanded to know. "why do you think he would tell how he was going to bring her back." Onyx listen up when he said, 'bring her back'. "bring who back?" pearl asked. "who do you think, cubic and obsidian's mother. His wife." Spinel responded. "and where not the bootlegs here. You are." He responded trying to burn through the rope.

"that's not going to work, onyx made these ropes with the same material Adella used to make her sweatshirt. It's a type of iron that is stronger and doesn't rust, so that's not an option." Pearl responded. "I just want answers." Pearl explained. "I told you, I don't know. Now move the light out of my face." Spinel responded again. Obsidian watched and decided to take her turn. "pearl you can come out now, I need to talk to him." She said opining the door. "you should go as well, all of you." Obsidian said as she entered.

"I know they didn't tell you what's going to happen, but I need you to try to think. If I can get an answer, I'm willing to let you go." Obsidian explained sitting in the other chair. "all I know is that there going to try and bring you mom back." "yes but how?" obsidian asked. "well, Dimond was interested in modifying the portal that his fake made." "anything else?" "I just know that coal is going to be waking up soon, and when he does the plan's going to be put into action." Spinel explained. "why don't we use the memory machine on him?" Citrine asked. "memories can me malleable if the person wants them to be. Take me as the perfect example. I wanted to forge everything that my dad did to me, but I can't. however, from my conversation with diamond in the past, I discovered most of the memories I just got back where still wrong and tone down." Onyx explained

"meaning?" Citrine asked."if he wants to forget it, the memory machine won't show it." copper responded."all right, you've given us as much as where going to get out of you. You cango. Just tell dad I said, he won't succeeded." Obsidian said letting the chainsoff of spinel and letting him walk free. "what are you doing?" coper asked. "hegave me enough. They're going to build another portal, when it goes active, wecan track it." obsidian explained. "and if he's there, they can speed upproduction." Onyx added on. "so now we wait." Granite said as they waited forthe new portal to be build. When spinel returned to the bunker, he could see everybodyworking on the portal. Then there was a notice and the pod opened. Coal was finallyawake.