Chapter 31 - sayonara, onyx zirconia

"so I'm going to go through the dimensions in order. If all goes according to plan, I should be done in a few years." Onyx told Gwen as she pointed things out on the map. "I'm still confused on the difference between dimensions and universes." Gwen said. "dimensions are different Plaines of existence with their own rules and they don't have doppelgangers. Universes tend to be almost the same as one another but they have slight differences. For example, the universe I visited had a functional family where everybody lived, the other one didn't. that would be this one, finally a universe contains a finite number of dimensions." onyx explained. "so I heard from pearl you disappeared for like a month." "year, complications with returning the techno insertion gun, and before you ask, the other objects from the different dimensions where recked when coal decided to..." "have you said goodbye to everyone?" Gwen asked to change the subject. "not yet." Onyx responded. "your leaving at sundown, that's only a few hours away." Gwen explained in a hurrying tone. "I know, I just..." "don't want to have to say goodbye." Gwen finished off the sentence. "yeah." Onyx responded as Gwen pushed her to say goodbye now. "I'll be fine here; you just go and say goodbye." Gwen said pushing onyx out of the room.

She started with granite. "you got time in here?" onyx asked opining the door. "yeah, is it time?" granite asked. "not quite, but I need to say my goodbyes. I just wanted to thank you for always believing in me, despite my age and my tendency to think based on emotions." Onyx said. "I also want to thank you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have my sister back and we wouldn't be here and you're going to make a grate reader someday." Granite said as onyx went off to the next room. She had to move down to the next level of the citadel. She knocked on the door of glass and she got ready to explain herself. "you're doing all right?" glass asked opining the door. "I just wanted to say that I admire your ability to be so open minded and to be so accepting of everybody." Glass was confused until he caught on. "you're not too bad yourself." Glass responded as she moved onto the next room. "are you about to get mushy on me?" Citrine asked.

"probably, I just wanted to say thank you for giving obsidian a second chance. I wanted to thank you for keeping your team together and I always look up to you as for an example of what I want to be some day." Onyx explained. "you're not too far off already, you just need to get some more confidence. But that's what this trip is about." Citrine responded. Then she moved on to sapphire who was with sam. "hay is it time?" sapphire asked. "time for what?" Sam had to ask. "I'm moving out today to take a trip around the universe to explore it and myself. I'm going to miss he both of you." Onyx explained. "well, I don't know about her, but I'm going to miss our hanging out on Fridays." Sam responded. "I don't have anything to add." Sapphire continued. She then made a detour to go and meet up with Adella. "hay, why did you as to meet up. Is there something you want to tell me?"

"yeah, I'm moving away at the end of the day, so I wanted to say goodbye." "what?" Adella asked. "It's just that I need this, for myself." Onyx explained. "well, I need to thank you for being one of my few friends, and for helping the humans and the merpeople get along." Adella said as onyx had to go off. She then walked into her aunt's room. "so, you're here to say goodbye." Jasper asked. "yeah, it was nice finally meeting a normal member of my biological family." Onyx said with a tear of happiness in her eyes. "hay, it was nice finally meeting you two. And it's nice to have that war finally over with." Jasper said ruffing onyx's ponytail. Onyx just smiled and moved on to ruby. "you know, the walls are surprisingly thin." Ruby said knowing what was coming. "I know, I just wanted to say that I don't think your apathetic mess. I know you deep down, care about your family." Onyx said and ruby shut the door in embracement.

She then moved on to the next three, the hardest three. She went to obsidian's door and she knocked on. When obsidian didn't answer she walked in. "are you ok?" onyx asked seeing obsidian crying. "I'll be fine, I'm just trying to convince myself that you need to go on this trip." Onyx sat down and started to talk. "we needed different things, you needed a family that loved and cared about you and I need to explore what's out there and what's out there for me." "I know." Obsidian responded and onyx then moved on to pearl. "are you ok in here pearl." "I'm fine, I'm just sad about losing my best friend." "you know I'm only a call away." Onyx responded. "I know, I'm just glad to have been able to see you again. There was one point where I didn't think I could." Pearl explained.

She then moved to aqua's room where Gwen was waiting outside. "do you need my help with this one?" Gwen asked. "I should do it without help." Onyx said as she got all of the bravery she could, and she walked in. aqua was fiddling with her necklace. "I didn't think that my first child would be leaving the nest so soon. I know you need it but, I'm going to miss you." Aqua said looking over at onyx who was a mess of tears. "I'm going to miss you so much mom, thank you." She said tackle hugging aqua. "for what?" aqua asked. "for giving me a second chance in life. If it wasn't for your help, I might not be still be around." Onyx explained braking down further. Aqua knew what onyx said and she pulled onyx closer to herself. They cried together for a good minutes before they all headed to the sending off point, the one outside of the citadel.

Pyrite made the time to be with all of them and to see her off. "first I need to let Gwen go back home." Onyx said opining a portal and Gwen gave her one last hug and she walked through the portal. "I'll see you around." She said as the portal shut. She had tears running down her face. Onyx then looked back and saw everybody looking at her. "I'm going to miss all of you, remember I'm only a call away." She said opining the portal and walking through. She wiped the tears from her eyes and looked out on the green fields, filled with nature, that stood Infront of her. She wondered what this dimension held, and she sped off, seeing what it held.

The end