Chapter 16A - a long mini journey to come & Chapter 16B - so how's everybody.

Chapter 16A – a long mini journey to come.

"are you Shure you want to come with me aunt jasper? I can take care of myself you know?" onyx asked her aunt. "better than most adults can, but I want to keep a close eye on you. You're the last family I've got." Jasper responded. "I know, but we're going to a different dimension." "how much different could it be?" "I's a semi-rural town, where everybody doesn't have rock based name." "and, I'm sure they still have wars and the such." "yeah, two of them worldwide, but that's not the point. It isn't like home where fighting bootlegs and where we need superpowers to survive." "it'll be a nice vacation then; I would like to meet the people who have helped my niece escape from the clutches of that traitor. I never had a good feeling about her, she was always going for my spot as the commander, but that wouldn't happen." Onyx then looked through some images on her phone. "I just hope Charlie's ok." Onyx told herself

"whose Charlie?" jasper asked. "not important, let's just go before this thing decides to stop working or the bootlegs decide to finally show up after being missing in action for so long." Onyx said as she opened the portal. They stepped through and where in the bunker under the house. "what is this place?" jasper asked. "if you look behind you, you'll find the original machine that killed... him... and got the rest of us home. This was diamond's underground bunker. He even had a food supply under the house. Although I can't blame him for having a bunker considering we landed here in the middle of a pandemic...." She explained as they climbed out of the bunker. She speed their bags into her old home, and she caught back up with japer. "so are we going to meet your friends or something?" jasper asked. "it's the about second period in school so unless we got visitor badges it's not happening." Onyx explained as she looked at the schools website.

"it looks like as long as I have parental permission I can go inside as a visitor." She found. "how would you get aqua's permission. I'm guessing that's who you'd need to get." "I already sent her the request." Onyx explained showing jasper the text. "I still don't get what that thing is, and it confuses me." "I know you don't have smart phones, but you have cell phones at least. This is just a minicomputer with the ability to make calls." Onyx explained. "which genius came up with this kind of design." She asked, "I don't know, I could look it up but it's a mess of patents and the such." Onyx explained as she waited for aqua to replied. "I've got my signature, we can go. Unless you want a walk around town first. Their lunch time isn't for another two and a half hours." Onyx asked, "why not, we've got time to kill." Jasper said as she saw onyx's eyes light up ever so slightly.

"first is the park where me and Gwen spent a lot of time." "whose Gwen?" jasper asked, "my best friend and practically a sister." Onyx explained looking through the photos on her phone. "is this a picture you all took together?" jasper asked seeing a picture of about eight people. "yeah, the one hugging me is Gwen. We met through her failed asking me out and nearly 6 years later where still best friends. Although, I'm pretty Shure she still had a crush on me until she met her current girlfriend. The one acting like he doesn't care is ted, the one who made me believe people can change, that helped with obsidian. The one with the books and trying to not look at the camera is Jessica, the first new friend I made in 4 years. He one trying to hug Gwen is her girlfriend, Elizbeth. The one with the dress and the murderous look in her eyes is Amy. The goth is Olivia, one of my best friends and she even helped me get this hoodie that I refuse to leave and the other one is Brian, to be honest where not all hat close but he was the friend of Amy and Elsbeth and he's helped Olivia so leaving him out would have been a shame." She explained as they arrived at the next stop.

"I didn't know you have so many friends." "I didn't even realise I had that many friends until I wasn't seeing them every day." Onyx said having an introspective thought. "all right well anyway, here's the apartment complex that was built to try and boost the economy." Onyx explained. "what happened for them to get this desperate?" "oh, you know. Earthquakes and tsunamis destroying the town." Onyx said with some regret to her tone. "what's next?" "next is the adoption centre. I was considering going here at some point, but I've given up on that idea, mostly when Gwen took me in after diamond died." Onyx explained as they approached. "hay, It's the grey girl. How's it going?" jessie asked. "oh well you know time travel, universal exploration, discovering about my family, finding my aunt here and having to fight clones. But otherwise it's all good." Onyx explained. "well, isn't it your birthday next week or something. Olivia won't shut up about some kind of sleep over." Isabella asked.