12A - obsidian's time to train & 12B - her first visit underwater.

Chapter 12A – obsidian's time to train.

Obsidian waited in her room for the next day to come. "hay, you all right in here?" citrine asked walking into obsidian's room. "I'm fine just..." "scared?" citrine finished off. "that's an understanding, but something like that." Obsidian explained. "just wanted to make Shure you're ok. Onyx is out trying to find the other bootlegs. Are you going to be all right?" citrine explained and asked. "it's just I hope I made the right choice." "you made a choice and we're going to help you through it." he was trying to leave when he remembered why he really entered. "also, before I forget, granite has an announcement to make tomorrow so get some rest. He's already told me some of it and you will need the rest for it." he said before leaving.

She lay down on the bed and waited for the next day to come. When it finally arrived, she headed to the training room like everybody else. "so why have we all come here so early?" ruby asked cleaning his ears. "after what happened last week, I can say that all basic training is complete and that I feel confident in the new bearers to form two teams. Team jewel will stay the same, but the new team will be team gem. I'm placing citrine as the leader. Starting tomorrow you will train as a team but today will be the last day you will train with your core partner." He announced as onyx speed back into the training room. "any luck?" copper asked. "I found a place in the park, but it was completely abandoned. I gave it a good look but there was nothing." Onyx explained wheezing and coughing and just being all around tiered.

"are you going to be all right with training obsidian." Aqua asked placing her hand over onyx and feeling the tiredness. "I'll be fine mom; besides I don't think she even knows how to use her powers." Onyx said point at obsidian as she struggled to even make her hand glow. "just be safe. I wouldn't like to lose you again." Aqua responded. "like I said mom, I've got it." onyx replied as she walked obsidian out of the citadel "I thought that was the training room?" obsidian asked as she was walking out of the room. "it's too cramped for our powers. We need somewhere more open. Obsidian explained. They had just gotten to the park and onyx showed off what their powers could do by repeating what she did on her first day of training in that dimension. "that was so impressive, when can I do that?" obsidian asked.

"that's a little to advance for your current skill level, so where going to start with the basics. That was just to motivate you." Onyx explained as she sat down and asked obsidian to do so. "when done right, our powers can make the tiniest movements." She said as she started a flower out with her power. "so how can I do that?" "I learned on the fly, and despite the fact you're a genetic clone, you're not a mental clone. You'll have your own learning style we'll just have to figure it out. Let's start with the most basic thing a core bearer can do, making a weapon." She explained as she made her sword and shield. "what am I support to do?" onyx then remembered what she was told by aqua "you need to focus and just think of making a weapon and it'll form on its own. I don't know what yours would be, but just focus on making something." Onyx explained. Obsidian closed her eyes and took a deep breath and while she couldn't see what was happening, onyx could see. In obsidian hands, many different weapons formed. It was almost as if the core didn't know what weapon to create. It finally settled on a shield and obsidian opened her eyes.

"what happened? Am I still alive?" obsidian asked opining her eyes slowly. "can you try changing it?" onyx asked. Obsidian tried and it changed into a flail. "obsidian, I think you can make multiple weapons." Onyx said being more confused than anything. "I knew you where week." Spinel said walking out of the shadows of the trees. "stay back obsidian, I've got this." onyx said pushing obsidian behind her. "I can't believe that zirconia thought you would come back. I knew better. Your just as weak as my sister. First, she takes you and they you're training with her. What is wrong with you, she's the enemy." Spinel rambled while making various hand gestures. "no we're the enemies. We're the clones. Why can't you see that?" Obsidian asked. "because you've been told lies by them. Their trying to stop you from allowing us to complete the plan." "what plan?" onyx asked, "don't ask me, I can't remember past about three months ago." Obsidian explained. "when he finds out you, will be dead." Spinel said walking back into the shadows.