Chapter 7A - a stroll down memory lane & Chapter 7B - blast from the past.

Chapter 7A – a stroll down memory lane.

Onyx was setting up for her and Gwen's sleepover, when she found something in diamond's old room, that she was making into a spare bedroom. "what's this?" she asked herself. She looked at the blueprints and she folded I up and hid it in her hoodie's pocket. "are you ready in here?" Gwen asked. "yeah, this room is set up for tonight, do you want to go to the game room." She asked looking more suspicious than ever. Gwen picked up on the suspicious attitude and she asked to know what's up. She noticed onyx's hand was in her hoodie's pocket and she forced it out. "memory machine? What's this?"

"it's a memory machine that diamond was working on, if I had to guess it was the same machine that erased my memory. Mabey it can bring them back." Onyx responded. "well, screw our timetable, let's build this thing." Gwen said excitedly scraping the timetable they had. They went to the lab where they provided to make the machine in under an hour. "that was surprisingly fast, since when where you able to work so fast?" "since I started working with copper and he we shared tips." She responded. Onyx lay on the area where she needed to. "all right start the machine." Onyx said as pearl pressed the restore button and they waited for something to happened. Her eyes glow a deep blue and an error message appeared on the screen.

Gwen saw the message and she ran off. She found the room that has the circuit board on it, and she knocked on the door. "your onyx's friend right, what's up?" he asked. "follow me." Gwen said with urgency. Copper followed Gwen and saw the machine. "what happened here?" "she found the blueprints for diamonds memory machine and we made it to try and fix her memories. Copper ran over and used his powers on the machine. "we need to get two people inside of her mind to fix her memories. People who would know about her memories." Copper explained. "well, diamonds, the only other one who could have known about this and he's dead. So who else can go in with me?" she asked, "isn't granite's sister her old best friend?" copper asked. Gwen went to pearls room and practically dragged her to the machine. Copper made the necessary alterations and he hooked hem up. "use this to talk to me." Copper said handing them a small communicator.

The gave a thumbs up and he got them into her memories. When they woke up in the mindscape, they saw the memories where in tv monitors and some of them where filled with static and somewhere just broken. "you need to enter her memories and fix them up, and you need to be fast." Copper explained. Pearl and Gwen looked around and they entered the first, static filled, tv monitor. "which one is this?" pearl asked looking around. Gwen recognised where they were. "this is when me and onyx first met." She explained realising that her past self wasn't there. "there I am." Gwen said seeing her younger self and being embraced. "we need to redirect her towards onyx without being seen." Gwen explained. Pearl made a strong gust of wind and Gwen's past self was pushed towards young Gwen towards, the 10 year old, onyx.

They were ejected from the memory and they moved on to the next, the screen was cracked, and they couldn't even see a preview of the memory. "we should try this one." Pearl said she grabbed Gwen's hand and pulling her into the monitor. Pearl saw the original 6 core bearers, except her. "I think I need to step in here." She said giving Gwen the air core and she snuck in. the king gave his speech about how they were there for the greater good and how they should be happy to have a new start. Pearl just tuned it out as she gave onyx a faint wave and they were ejected. They continued to fix many more and they had fixed enough to be ejected.

They woke back up in the room and onyx woke back up. "what were you thinking?" copper asked, but onyx didn't even look him in the eyes, and she responded, "I need to go." She took off for where the, still incomplete, portal was, and she opened a portal. I wasn't the usual grey, but grey and green. She jumped through just as the other three ran into the room. "she was my ride home." Gwen stated as they watched the grey and green portal close.

Chapter 7B – blast from the past.

She took a deep breath and looked around and she was in the other city. She just sighed and ran back to her house. When she arrived her heard a trio of footsteps approaching and she hid in the bushes. When she saw who was coming, she was shocked. It was herself, ted, and Gwen. But she was different, she was a year younger and she was her previous colour. Then she felt a sharp pain in her head, and she made a mirror out of a puddle. She had a blond streak in her head going from her roots to the start of her ponytail. She shook her head as she waited for everybody to leave her old house and to walk off. She sped off inside and she found it was exactly like how it was when she left it for the first adventure.

She then froze and thought for a moment. If everything is like how it was then could HE be alive? She wanted to know so she went to the front yard and she found the hatch to open it. she climbed down at super speed to see that the room was empty. "I guess he's still dead." She responded as she got ready to leave. Suddenly she was stopped by a familiar voice coming out of the food storage she forgot the room had. "who are you and how did you get down here?" he demanded to know, holding a sword to her neck. "it's me, don't you recognise your own sister?" she asked removing her hood. "I'm not dealing with a mother one of you fakes. Who are you?" he demanded to know. "I'm being serious and I'm here to keep the timeline straight." Onyx explained as he saw the speed core on her left hand and the lack of core on the right hand.

"how do you know you won't just kill me?" he asked. "because, if I do the timeline will shatter." Onyx lied to him. "what are you doing here anyway then." "I need to help you with the machine because if I don't, you'll die." She responded. "and why should I trust you?" he asked, lowering his sword. She finally turned around and saw that he didn't have his speed core on him. "you wouldn't want to disappoint them, because it works, and we go home." She responded. "all right then, let's work on it." he responded as they walked over to the machine. She looked at the blueprints and they were all correct. They even had a power output that would make a decent portal. She started to get scared because she realised what she had to do.

"these power inputs are wrong, they need to be significantly higher, or else I won't work." "I don't think the speed core can handle it." diamond responded. "it clearly did or else I wouldn't have been able to come back intime." Onyx responded as she pointed to the speed core on her hand. "all right." He responded as she said she had to go but she'll be back soon. She left the bunker and tried to find her past self and she hid in the bush. She realised that she was the grey and green streak she saw last year. She then realised that she couldn't see it after they went into the volcano and she returned back to the bunker to work on the machine.

"so what's home like?"diamond asked, "it's grate, after everything that's happened there it's gottenso much better." "and what about the others?" he asked, "the relationship wasstrained at first, but we all grew closer together." Onyx said not looking himthe eyes. "so do we have any other alive family members?" she asked seeing ifhe would answer. Aside from jasper, no." he responded, "who's jasper?" onyxasked "our aunt..." diamond responded like he was expecting onyx to already knowthe answer They continued to work on the machine until onyx's hand wrote down,it's time to go. "I need to leave now, but this should work now." She said asshe sped out of the bunker and headed back home. She returned to the citadelwhere the trio of peal, Gwen and copper where still standing here. She opened anormal, grey portal, and she let Gwen go through. "what happened? One secondyou were gone and the next, your back." Pearl asked. Onyx ignored her and shejust ran