9A - why isn't this working & Chapter 9B - how to sneak out of a building

Chapter 9A – why isn't this working.

"I can't believe you three. You couldn't keep the only two core bearers distracted. There was three of you and the plant one isn't even as powerful as our fakes, so I don't even know how you did that." Zirconia berated the other. "so you're the ringleader around here?" topaz asked coming out of the shadows. "at least you made it." he muttered under his breath. "until he awakes." Zirconia responded. "so what's the plan then?" topaz asked. "we need to regroup and make an actual plan this time, I was barely able to make it out with this hard drive, aunt topaz." He explained as he placed the hard drive in the computer. "luckily it wasn't a complete waist, we were able to save our aunt and the files to try and fix lapis." Zirconia said as he continued to berate everybody in the room that wasn't in a pod, his girlfriend, or his 'family'.

He looked and saw that it said 'dangerous, could kill.' Over the blueprints. "now what?" obsidian asked seeing the writing over the blueprints. He found an older version of the blueprints where he could see the issue. "if only she was awake, she's the only one who could understand all of this biology." He told himself as he looked fondly over at his girlfriend. He continued and he took some of her blue blood. He placed a small bit of it on a small petri dish and he tried the fluid on the blood. It had a violent reaction on the blood, and he had to go back to the drawing board.

While topaz watched it all happen, she decided to look at her new teammates. "so why does let him push you around?" she asked marble. "he's the son of our true leader and if we try to fight back, he could take the cores in a second and leave us for dead." He responded as he sharpened his mace. "so fight back, I'm Shure 4 of you could take him." She responded as she continued to watch him try and fail. She also noticed obsidian hiding behind furniture. "we've tried and he did the very thing I explained, but he came back for us when he had to." He continued. She dropped the questions for a few minutes when she saw obsidian trying to approach her. "what's her deal?" she asked opal who had come over to watch zirconia fail over and over. "she's very scared of him, although I don't think eighter of them know of it." opal explained.

Finally diamond had to give up and he started crying. "I've failed her." He told himself as he looked over the same image both pearl and onyx had. He noticed the green wristband on aqua's wrist. "what's this?" he asked. He went to the computer and looked for it and he saw the inhibitor blueprints and he made them. He rushed over to lapis and he placed it on her wrist. Lapis woke up and zirconia started crying and he hugged her. "what happened?" lapis asked. "you nearly died but I saved you. We were able to get topaz and the hard drive from my fake's hard drive and I was able to make the inhibitor that's on your wrist. You'll need to keep it on to stay safe, but you can stay safe." He explained. "boss, we have knowledge that we can go to the wilting woods and to get the wood we need." Spinel explained. "we set off next week, be prepared for anything." He explained as he turned for the computer.

Chapter 9B – how to sneak out of a building.

"please can I come with you?" sapphire asked as Sam packed their bags. "no you can't we don't know if your powers work there." Sam responded. Sapphire tried to cling to Sam's leg as they left but Sam just picked her up. "look, I know you don't want to leave me again, but you need to let me go." they said as they walked off. Sapphire went to her room where she pouted, and she listened in to aqua's and onyx's conversation. "so the green and grey portal was time portal and you were sent back in time?" aqua asked "yeah." "and when you went back in time you had to compromise the machine to make Shure the timeline stayed the same?" aqua asked to be Shure. "yeah, but when it happened, I didn't feel like I had much control over myself. It felt like I was being controlled at certain points." Onyx continued to explain.

"what's up with you?" aqua asked as they came across sapphire. "Sam's gone and I won't be able to see them for a few more months." Sapphire responded. "I know it'll be hard, but those few months will be over before you know it." aqua said as she left, but onyx there. "so how did you and Sam meet?" she asked being as curious as ever about her new family. "we met when we were young, they didn't know they were a they yet, but we knew we loved each other. But when we left high school and it came to deciding what was next, we both wanted to join the military to get away from home but I couldn't go due to my asthma, so when I heard about how I could gain superpowers, I went with my best friends to go and get them and he we are." Sapphire explained.

She went into her room and watched the boat pull up. She knew the of the dangers and she decided to run off to the boat. Meanwhile onyx was in her room trying to figure out who was jasper. "hay what are you doing in here?" Citrine asked "I'm just trying to find the only part of my biological family that remains." "what's their name?" Citrine asked. "jasper." He had a look of thought. "that sounds like the name of Sam's commander." He responded. They both looked out of the window to see that sapphire was jumping out of her room and she caught herself on a giant flower. The started to run off and she used a flower, with a spring like stem, and she shot off. "you go and get her; I'm going to go and get the others." Citrine said as onyx rushed off to the lab to go and get her prototype device and she sped off. She stood in front of sapphire.

"what are you doing?" she asked placing the device on her back. "I'm not losing them again. Not when I know I can be there to save them." Sapphire responded. "would you listen to yourself. Your powers are plant based." Onyx tried to reason with sapphire, but she wouldn't listen, and she instead grasped onyx in a vine trap. She ran off and onyx needed to find a way out. She yelled "FLAME!" and a burst of fire was ejected from the device and I sent her into the air. Sapphire saw and she started to pick up her own pace. Sapphire placed her back in a trap but made of leaves with a leaf trail leading into the trees.

"you won't stop me." She said as she ran off. Onyx then yelled "GRAVITY!" and he leaves started to float around her, but sapphire was already gone. She ran back with a burst of speed from the device. "where is she?" ruby wanted to know as onyx slammed her fist into a nearby tree. It cracked and splintered "she snuck off after trapping me in a trap that could have burned the park down." She explained to the male half of the twins. "would it be the best time to mention that all of the bootlegs where spotted they're by the cameras there." Copper added on. "looks like where going to the wilting woods." Granite said as they all looked out at the island that could be seen from the throne room window.