Chapter 18: the aunt.

When Olivia pulled herself up and apologised to the woman who she had bumped into. When Olivia got a closer look at the woman she winced as she immediately knew who the woman was. "well, if it isn't the little escaper. What where you thinking running away like that?" her aunt asked. "calm down Julian." Max asked of her aunt, but she did no such thing. "why should I? she ran away from home only to show up nearly a year later. I'm not letting you out of my sight this time." Onyx had to stop herself from forming her sword, but her shield formed without her realising. She jumped Infront of Olivia and she raised her shield.

"you'll back off, or else..." onyx stated as the shield grew in size. "who is this? the next person you had to trick into caring about you?" Julian asked. "no, I'm one of her best friends and I'm willing to run right now." Onyx stared as her skin started to invert. Olivia could see what was going on and she had to calm onyx down. "it's ok, I've got this." she explained as she pulled onyx to the side. "I ran away because you had me taking care of your house while you ran off with your next boyfriend. Most mornings I starved and most night as well. I preferred living under an actual bridge to living with you. I might have been freeing and I might have been literally dyeing but attest their where people who cared about me." Oliva explained to her aunt.

"so what, you've been living under a bridge and none stopped you from doing so?" Julian asked with a snarky tone. "of course not. With the proper help I was admitted to an adoption centre. They tried to call you a few times but you never picked up so there was no issue with being admitted to the centre." Olivia explained. "hold on. If you've been admitted to an adoption centre, I will need to talk to the owner." Max stated, "I'll take you to her." Olivia explained and the trio got into the cop car with both of the girls getting in the back. Onyx got a phone from jasper and she explained where they were going. Before they set off, however, Julian got into the car.

"what are you doing?" max asked. "this is about my nice. I'm coming with you." She explained as she buckled herself in and refused to get out. "you're pushing your luck." Max told Julian but then they were off. Onyx gave directions as Julian enquired about that shield. Onyx just responded bluntly with "sorry, I already have an aunt. Two of them and their both better than you. In fact your about to meet one of them." Oliva looked surprised but she was also grinning from ear to ear. It was an hour's drive but when they arrived max wasn't going to keep it desecrate. Oliva explained to the owner of the orphanage, Ellis dean, what was going on. When they made it to the orphanage the pair could see Brian, jasper and miss dean outside of the centre.

"are you miss dean." "that is me." She responded. "I'll need to talk to you about Olivia here. I'm also going to need Olivia and Julian." She agreed and they entered the building. "so she's the person that your friend has been living with?" jasper asked. Onyx nodded and played back some audio from her phone. "it's amazing how much that device can do." Jasper stated as Brian looked puzzled. Onyx had to explain "even if she wasn't in a war for the past 18 years, that dimension has a grand total of 3 cell phones. They have phones, but it's still the old rotary design." Brian looked confused but he also looked like he understood the idea. "should we go and check out what they're doing?" jasper asked. "probably not... but when have we ever listened to rules." Onyx responded and the trio went inside of the place.

"all right, you all know why where here so we need to discuss this situation." Max started as he noticed that the other three where standing at the door. "so what. She's legally my child. What are you going to do about it?" Julian asked with a smug look on her face and her feet on the table. "well, she's legal old enough to make that choice for herself. However she can't willingly go into an adoption centre." Miss dean knew what was going on and she didn't like it. after some back and forth arguments It came time for Olivia to decide. "I love this place so much, but I don't have a choice, do I?" she asked max. "there is one solution, but it requires miss dean to do something taboo in the adopting world. She needs to adopt you herself." And without a second thought she said that she'd do it. "all right, I'll go and gather my paperwork from the car, and we can make this official." Max stated as he walked out of the room.

Julian got furious that her butler had been taken away and she tried to jump at miss dean, but jasper stepped in and pinned Julian to the floor. "who are you?" Julian asked. "my name Is jasper. Don't bother trying to struggle out, I know how to stop any struggling." Julian tried to struggle some more but she eventually tiered herself out. "you're a terrible aunt, you know, that right?" jasper asked. "how would you know what being a good aunt is?" "I might have only known my nice for a month or so, but we still have a better relationship than anything you'll try." Jasper explained as onyx gave her a thumbs up. "what took you so long?" Julian asked trying to look for some kind of imperfection. "first, I only learned she was alive last month. Secondly, I'm a military woman. The war that I was just fighting in is over now, so I'm visiting my nieces old home with her." Jasper explained.

"but woman can't be in the military." Julian responded. "unluckily from you, we live in the 21st century and not the 1800." Onyx retaliated and max soon reinterred the room. "this looks concerning." He stated as he looked around the room. "if this means anything. She tried to jump at me, so jasper had to pin Julian down." Miss dean explained. "he saw the situation and knelt down to where Julian was being held and stated "your thin ice is broken. You're under arrest for attempted assault." Her cuffed Julian and left. Everybody waved him off and Olivia finally comprehended what had just happened. "wait, I'm adopted now right?" Olivia asked. "that makes the both of us." Onyx responded as she extended her hands for a fist bump. Olivia met halfway and finally it was time for jasper to return home.

"I'll see you in a few days when you come back home." Jasper stated as she left through the portal. Onyx then got ready to through the best sleep over she could. That's how she was going to celebrate her and obsidian's birthday. However just as the portal was closing it became a dark green and onyx sped through to get her aunt before the portal closed.