Chapter 34 The Ravens

Lyse passed bodies below deck, obviously killed by the Makhai. There weren't many, as loads were already on deck when the attack occurred, but easily a dozen laid limp dying or in the process. He helped a man with a cut across his chest get to his feet and towards the deck, and charged on in the wake of destruction. He hobbled a bit, the wound slowly healing, but he was not focusing on the gash at the moment to do so properly. He feared the worst, but he hoped for the best of outcomes. His sword was already drawn and ready, and he busted into the room he and his mom was staying in. He was slightly surprised though, seeing the black cladded warrior he had chased dead on his stomach, his blood covering the floor, and his mother in human form sitting on her bed, panting like an animal in heat. Her mouth was caked in blood, her eyes almost glazed. She clutched her hands as if they were drenched in fire. She only turned after he called her name a number of times, where the glaze left her, and she was only left with a tired expression.

"Sorry I didn't come to help, Lyse," she said. "I was a little occupied." She grunted as she moved her arms. The vines of verdant green hadn't gotten any worse, but they seemed to sting like barbs when she moved them now. He move to her side, but she recoiled immediately as if he was the source of the very pain she felt. He looked down at the pendant, glowing. He took it off and stuffed it into his pouch, tossing it into his other belongings.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"I'm fine, son," she assured him. "It's a symptom of a decision that I made. I can deal with it."

"I'll call Makyra to heal you," he almost turned to leave, but then he felt the pressure around her suddenly explode. Zoi on an incredible scale surrounded her body. And then, all the cuts and bruises she had suffered, slowly sealed themselves. Not even a scar left behind. The explosion settled, and contained itself once more. Lyse almost shuddered from the amount of aura that had washed over him. It was a very advanced, and very dangerous, zoi form of healing. But at least all of the major injuries were no longer apparent. However, she still panted, and looked close to collapsing in on herself. Even she can not stop fatigue. But still, it was impressive to him she could heal so many wounds so quickly. "Or, you can do that."

"I told you I'm fine," she stood, nearly collapsing on herself, but caught the wall instead. "How are things out there, I heard crashing and roaring. Are there more out there."

"We handled them mother, no need for you to worry," he moved to her side, taking her to the bed by her shoulders. "I'm sorry I wasn't here for you. You wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for me."

"Stop treating me like some kind of child, Lyse," she nearly spat. "I've gone through hell of a lot worst than this, I'll be fine."

It did not take long for Makyra to come sprinting down the corridor, her sage gauntlets still extended in preparation for a battle, but was surprise to see Lyse standing over his mother and a dead Makhai in a pool of it's own blood. Like Lyse, she remembered not seeing his mother on the deck, and rushed as soon as she could. She curses herself for not recognizing this sooner, but was grateful; she was alive. Although, she was far from well. Her eyes could see what ailed her. Her breathing was haggard and she sweated gallons on that bed. Though, she had no wounds it seemed. Either she healed them herself or she came out unscathed. Then why did she look like she was going to collapse on herself then?

"My lady, do you need me to heal you?" she asked, kneeling at her bedside next to Lyse.

"She has no physical injuries," Lyse told her. "What she suffers from is probably outside your expertise Makyra."

"Bite your tongue," she said spitefully. "But . . . he is right. You can not heal this sickness. No force on this mortal world can. Now enough of me, what happened out there. I want every detail you two."