PART ONE: Chapter 1 BrokenArrow

Within the Liontari Kingdom, on the edge of where the plains meet the strange Forest of Secrets, there nestles a town hidden in the rolling hills

Within the Liontari Kingdom, on the edge of where the plains meet the strange Forest of Secrets, there nestles a town hidden in the rolling hills. While it was quite the sprawl, large walls completely engulf it, skewing it from view. The dark forest looms ominously nearby, like a monster ready to fall upon them. Outside, farmlands decorate its exterior, where workers labor to gather the harvest before the coming winter, while men watched their efforts, as well as the hills beyond. Women and men alike bustled the tired streets in their day-to-day tasks, easy-going as it can be for this lax time of year. Children played after their school hours, acting as knights, damsels, lions, and dragons of legend. Such knights patrolled the streets as they chatted and monitored their homes. All things were peaceful, and no alarm had yet penetrated the gates of BrokenArrow. The town of peace and natural life.

Beyond the borders, the hills and forest meet in a small concave dome. Here, two people spent their time. Swinging and slashing. Jumping and running. Fighting one another on occasion. One was a young woman, barely considered a young adult. Her hair of gold was controlled and braided down her back. Beneath leather armor, bracers and gloves laid simple pale gray clothes worn through the years. She wielded a spear, simplistic and sharp, with graceful arcs as she did make advancements upon the man before her. Her brother. His hair was shorter but less organized and hung loosely from his head. His eyes, same as hers, sparkled with a blue that rivaled the clarity of the sky. His outfit was identical, although his armor was much more worn than the one the women wore. He smiled brightly and proudly as she swung viciously in his direction. He slowly moved back with deliberate footing. Around stones and trees as she chased him with her spear. But every attempt was batted away with the sword he himself wielded.

He slowly led her to a pond. And as she stabbed with her spear, he grabbed the shaft and pulled her into the waters. She erupted, soaked, angry, and glaring at her brother, Lyse. He laughed and leaned on his sister's spear.

"Are you alright, Massia?" he asked with a prideful smile.

She coughed up water, returning a smaller, embarrassed smile. "I'm alright. Water never hurts anyone."

He offered her a hand, which she immediately accepted. But not as he intended. She grabbed his arm and pulled him into the pond as well. The water reaching every crevice of the armor he wore. And as he reached the surface, she was laughing as well.