Interlude 1 Avra

Avra: a spiritual force said to permeate through all things. With the leftover power from the birth of creation, humans and other creatures have found many ways to manipulate this force to affect the world around them. This power has decided many battles and wars from knights to mages and will continue to do so as its applications advance. Knights of Thiria and its reach has found structure in its use and has developed five talents taught amongst most;

Dynami: the ability to form a protective aura that can block even gunfire and other blows.

Enis: The ability to enhance physical attributes such as endurance, speed, strength, and even weight, allowing knights to float in the air as if untethered by the earth. Knights can also accelerate their healing capabilities as well.

Diav: The ability to cast the first two effects on other objects, often used to weigh opponents down or decrease the load of heavy objects.

Void: The ability to sense avra as a sixth sense, even able to see even the invisible or beings of another realm.

Anava: The last ability only taught in the great mountains of Valoria, it applies Avra's ability to shape the world into a unique form. Knights have been reported to be able to fly or even project aura out as a weapon on their own. The Paladin Lupurious is said to be able to manipulate pure light to attack enemies with unmatched speeds, and the Paladin Aurelius has the ability to manipulate space and gravity.

The mages of Torlak have found other applications derived from ancient dead civilizations said to be far beyond the intelligence and advancements of today; their runic arts have become a staple of their teachings and a mystical and perhaps superstitious practice to the rest of the world. Its versatility only grows as mages continue to push upon its boundaries. All runes are separated into six separate arts as told: Light, Dark, Water, Earth, Fire, and Air. Subcategories might be derived from each (i.e., Necromantic arts encompassed within the Dark Arts), and other arcane abilities not reliant on any of the major groupings are a rarity.