Encore: What A Year

It turns out that I am also curious about what's gonna happen to them next...So here you go!

***

January 2011

Dear Eddy,

I can't believe that I am actually starting to write these stupid postcards. It was all Jordon's idea––he said that I gotta "keep practicing how to express my emotions to maintain a better relationship". Ugh, who the hell knows how to talk about feelings anyway? Whatever, I'm giving this a shot only because I am bored as fuck. The first two weeks at uni were okay. Just too much down time that I have no idea how to spend without you.

P.S. I might not mail this one as I am basically just rambling lol

Brett

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Bretty Bae!

LOL I'm glad that you ended up sending it to me (I'll thank Jordon later for this great idea when I see him in the practice room)! Mrs. Brownstone has been helping me with recording to apply to the Queensland Conservatorium, but I might as well take that stupid UCAT exam to make my mom happy...Anyway, this might be a bit early to ask...will you come to prom with me? 

Let's figure out a time to talk on the phone soon! 

Eddy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 2011

Dear Eddy,

Of course I will go to prom with you! Okay here is my second try. Let me do bullet points this time just to be more organized:

1. The practice rooms stink (literally!).

2. My Music Theory class is boring as fuck.

3. How is Medieval Music a required class for freshman? Help.

4. I was assigned a piano accompanist who is double-majored in violin. Excuse me?

5. Did I tell you that I have a roommate? He is a cool guy as he knows how to edit music on the computer. We can talk on the phone when he is not at the dorm!

Brett

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Brett,

Hm I actually like paragraphs better as it feels like you are talking to me instead of reading a to-do-list (Does that make sense?). Your courses seem a lot more interesting than my Advanced Algebra or Intro to Biology. My dad is not too happy about me applying to a music uni. It feels weird to practice alone. When are you visiting Sydney?

P.S. I will tell you the date of my prom as soon as I find out about it!

Eddy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Eddy,

Sorry for my delayed response. School has been crazily hectic and my professor wants me to play Bach Chacone (or was it Chaccone? Checonne? Well, you know what I mean) in front of some important guests next month. I might not be able to go home during Student Vacation (a one-week break after all my finals) in April as I have to practice with my accompanist (her name is Sophie btw). I know we've talked about scheduling a time to talk but I've been super busy recently...I'm so sorry!