Ch.29

The first thing that Brett did after stepping outside the music building was quickly pulling out his phone and sending out text.

The second thing that he did was opening his violin case and carefully checking a small envelope: Eddy's birthday card. He smiled when he felt the vibration of his phone in his pocket.

As soon as he checked the text, he began to run as fast as he could while blushing like a tomato. 

"Done" ––Brett, 12:09 pm

"HBD, love. Now I'm all yours" –– Brett, 12:10 pm

"Yayyy!"––Eddy, 12:11 pm

"Come to the parking lot"––Eddy, 12:11 pm

"Aww are YOU my bday gift? Can't wait to unwrap u <3" –– Eddy, 12:12 pm

***

Eddy chuckled when Brett showed up with very obvious pink cheeks.

"Thanks for the birthday wish, mate. I'm very excited about my birthday gift." 

"...dude..." Brett rolled his eyes while placing his violin case beside Eddy.

"Well, I'm not gonna ask you 'how did it go' because I hate it when people ask me that question right after an audition. I'm sure you did a great job because I always believe in you." Eddy pulled Brett in for a hug.

"Thanks." Brett whispered in Eddy's chest. "I also don't like being asked that question. I just don't know how to answer it." Is Eddy always this tall...?

"Right. But now just forget about the audition and let's celebrate for my birthday!"

"Sure." Eddy's hug was so warm and secure that Brett really did not want to let go...

Briana finally coughed and the two separated like they were the same poles of a magnet.

"So where should I drop you guys?"

"...Oh, uh...can you drop us at the theater? It's the address that I texted you last night." 

Brett had promised Eddy that he'd plan a date for Eddy for his birthday and movie was part of the plan.

"OK." Briana put on her sunglasses and opened Google Map on her phone. "Congrats, by the way."

"What?" Brett's eyes widened in surprise. 

"Congrats on getting the audition done." Then she turned on the radio and got on the road.

"...Thanks, sis." said Brett. He wasn't sure if she had heard him as the pop songs were so loud that even he could not hear himself. 

Brett was not sure how to feel about her words as he has always been the 'loser' in the family as Briana beats him on everything. 

So he decided not to think about it. 

***

Brett was somewhat distracted as he felt like he heard Briana said enjoy your 'date' instead of 'day' before she left...He was probably too tired after the audition.  

The boys waited until they could not see Briana's car anymore to share a kiss in the alley by the movie theater. 

"I am so proud of you for finishing that audition." Eddy told Brett at the end of the kiss.

Brett giggled. "It's just an audition, drama queen. You are acting like I have won a Menuhin Prize." 

"Nah, even better. You have won my heart." Eddy cupped Brett's face and pressed another passionate kiss before they went to get popcorns.

"So what movie did you pick for us?"

"Inception."

"Is that a Sci-Fi? Or a horror movie?"

"Sci-Fi. I know you hate horror movies."

"Well, then you can't complain if I fall asleep because you know Sci-Fi is also not really my jam."

"Don't judge a book by its cover. Plus we both know that you only watch romance..." 

"That's not fair! I also watch actions and cartoons, okay?"

"Trust me, you'll love Inception."

***

Eddy could not stop talking about the movie plots after they left the theater.

"That was SO good, Brett! Soooo good!"

"Told ya."

"Do you think that he went back to reality? Or was he still in his dream?"

"No idea. I guess that's what makes it a good movie? Not everything was fully explained."

"You're probably right."

They spent like an hour and a half (or two hours?) wandering around a mall that was next to the theater.  Eddy tried a few clothes and forced Brett to try some shirts that he would never dare to wear. 

"You look so cute in round glasses!" Eddy took a picture of Brett before Brett could stop him.

"This is too weird..."

"You look like some celebrity or...hm...OHHH! I know!"

They almost spoke at the same time after thinking for a minute or two.

"...Harry Potter!"

"...Shostakovich?"

Eddy almost died while laughing in tears. "Dude..."

They walked towards the bench in the park that they used to hang out since they were kids. It was about 5 pm and they were sitting beneath the orange sky.

"Thanks for the date. I really enjoyed it." Eddy looked into Brett's eyes and saw his own reflections. 

"I am so glad that you liked the movie. I was like 99% confident that you'd like it but I was a little worried as I remember that you think Sci-Fi's are boring af."

"I love it! I also really like the–"

"Music, right? It was by Hans Zimmer." Brett smiled.

"Noooo wayyyy! Is it really? That's brilliant!" Eddy was so excited that he began to search for the soundtracks on YouTube on Brett's phone.

(Yeah Eddy ran out of data just like all the normal high schoolers)

(Of course he used all his data to listen to classic music recordings, not K-pop songs *cough cough*)

"I knew you'll love the music." Brett stared at Eddy who seemed soft and happy. For a second Brett felt like time had stopped and he would never forget this moment of his life. 

I can stare at this beautiful man for years. 

Nah. Forever.   

"Dude, why is your account name TwoSetViolin? Did you start a secret YouTube Channel without telling me?"

Brett almost dropped the empty popcorn box. Oh shit he forgot to log out before lending his phone to Eddy. Shit shit shit...

TBC.