Ch.37

I apologize for the delay...My healthcare internship has been pretty hectic given the increasing COVID-19 cases in the U.S. I wish everyone a festive and safe new year:) 

Video Source: TwoSetViolin "I Love You" Compilation by twosetbae (YouTube Channel)

***

The last two weeks before Brett left for college was tough for both of them. Eddy could feel more of Brett's anxiety and frustration around farewell as the day approached. 

"Will you kiss me goodbye at the airport?" 

Eddy immediately threw a pillow at Brett while blushing. "In front of your mom and dad? No way." 

"How about you drive me to the airport instead? That way my parents don't have to see us kiss––Damn it, Eddy! Stop throwing pillows at me!" Brett jumped backwards while appreciating Eddy's beautiful red cheeks.

Eddy has been coming over to Brett's every day to help him with packing for about two weeks. They both found this as a legit excuse to hang out every day instead of explaining to Mrs. Yang that they are mentally preparing to entering a long-distance relationship as a couple

"Do I look like someone who has a driver's license? I might kill us on the way to the airport!" Eddy rolled his eyes but failed to hide his smile. Brett is still cute even when he is nervous about saying goodbye.

"Buttt that's gonna be my last day in Sydney! I won't be able to kiss you again until I come home around midterm!" Brett murmured while squeezing some sheet music into his backpack. 

That's true. And honestly Eddy would love to give Brett the warmest hug and longest kiss if they were not a gay couple from two conservative Asian families. Oh well

"Listen, Bretty," Eddy whispered, "If your mom finds out we are actually dating each other..."

"...she is going to kill both of us––"

"––or having a heart attack––"

"––Or both. I know, Eddy." Brett sighed. "I just don't want to leave you."

"Same. Brett. Come here."

Eddy had closed his eyes. Brett slowly leaned in and lightly pressed a kiss to Eddy's. 

***

And here comes the day.

Beside the Taoyuan International Airport in Taiwan, Sydney Airport was probably the most familiar airport to Eddy. The Chen's used to visit Taipei every year to see Eddy's grandparents until Eddy began to regularly spend summer breaks at music camps. 

Despite all his summer trips, Eddy never figured out how to navigate the crowded hustle bustle of Sydney Airport. He already felt dizzy when he first entered the long bustling terminal with Brett's family. 

Eddy could sense the excitement of holidayers and travelers around him but he couldn't relate at all. He was immersed in his own thoughts and feelings which he'd rather not having to deal with. 

Brett is starting college next week. 

His flight to Brisbane is in three hours. 

I am waiting to say goodbye to Brett before he leaves Sydney...and me.

To distract himself from sadness, Eddy began to count the waves of people while waiting for Brett and his dad to check Brett's luggage. 

Sitting next to Eddy, Mrs. Yang gave him a genuine smile. "Thanks for coming to say goodbye to Brett before he goes to college...Brett is so lucky to have a good friend like you, Eddy."