Ch.15

"Bro, I just found your long lost brother."

"My what?"

"He is right there. Look."

Eddy's gaze shifted to where Brett was pointing at but all he saw was a tiny spiny ball.

"Dude, you think I am a hedgehog?" Eddy laughed and pretended to attack Brett with his invisible spines. "How dare you! I am way more handsome than that spiny guy."

"Well, you sleep everywhere just like them." Brett giggled and held Eddy's hands to stop his playful fists. 

"Shut up! Koala boy." 

They had spent about an hour on exploring the Small Mammal House at a local zoo in Brisbane, which was Eddy's idea for their date. 

To be honest, Brett did not like the idea of going on a date at a zoo for many different reasons. 

Brett did not like the smells of zoo animals nor the fact that they were ten years older than most of the zoo visitors.

However, he enjoyed watching Eddy's adorable reactions whenever he saw cute animals.

"Aww, red pandas are so cute!"

"Ahhh! Can we feed those kangaroos?"

"Aww! I did not know that we have alpacas in Brisbane!"

"Oh my god! Lemurs' hands are so small! All the violinists should stop complaining about their hand size!"

"Can we go watch that dolphin show later? Brett, please..."

OK. Maybe Eddy is actually ten years younger than he seemed. Maybe this is how it feels like to take your six-year-old kid to the zoo...

"Mate, I think I need ice cream. It's so hot." Eddy was sweating under the brutal sun.

"Sure. But you need to drink some water first. You are dehydrated." 

"You sound like my mom." Eddy made a face and grabbed Brett's water bottle reluctantly. 

Eddy gave a quick glance at his date. He was not sure if Brett liked the zoo or not. But Brett seemed to be in a good mood today. 

"What's your favorite animal?" Eddy asked Brett when they were waiting in a very long line for the dolphin show. 

"Hm." Brett frowned. "I don't know. I like cats. Dogs are cute, too."

"I mean any animals. It doesn't have to be a pet." 

"Well..." Brett hesitated. "Maybe eagles? I'd love to be an eagle so I can fly and explore the world."

"That sounds cool." said Eddy. "I want to travel around the world one day."

"Maybe we can go on a world tour together. You know, as musicians." Brett smiled. He did not want to admit it but he could not envision a future without Eddy. 

"That'd be fun." Eddy smiled, too. 

They have traveled with each other before when they visited Taiwan with their families. Eddy hates being trapped in the plane cabin for hours but flying with Brett always eases Eddy's stress.

"What about you? What's your favorite animal?" Brett asked. They almost reached the entrance of the dolphin show. Phew.

"Too many. Basically any cute animals. Cats, puppies, koalas, rabbits, guinea pigs...anything with a cute face." Eddy scratched his head as he was thinking. 

"Hm," Brett raised an eyebrow. "What about my face?"

"What?" 

"I mean, you just called me 'koala boy' earlier today and I wonder if I am also on your list?"

"Oh my god Brett–" Eddy rolled his eyes. Someone needs to stop Brett from flirting with him. This is totally illegal. "Did you just ask me if I think you are cute?"

Brett grinned innocently. "It's not fair to answer questions with a question, bro. But I'll take that as a 'yes'."

"You sly koala!" 

Brett never gets a direct answer from Eddy as a staff asked them to move forward and get ready for the dolphin show. 

Well, a date at the zoo is actually not that bad. Brett thought as he noticed his hands intertwined with Eddy's just like all other couples sitting around them.

Eddy covered his mouth to hide his yawn. And he knew that he completely failed when he saw a slight smirk on Brett's face. 

"What's up, little hedgehog?"

"I am NOT a hedgehog!"

They finally sat down by the dolphin pool after standing in line for one and half hour. Luckily, the show was amazing and definitely worth waiting for.

It was nearly 1:30 pm when they got out of the dolphin show and they were both starving.

"Let's check out the food trucks over there." Brett suggested and Eddy nodded before following him.

They ended up getting pizza and some junk food that would probably upset their moms but they did not care.

"Mate, I need to go to the restroom pretty quick." Eddy told Brett after they finished their food and began to explore the souvenir shop.

"OK. Come find me at the postcard area." Brett watched his friend disappearing into the crowds.

TBC.