Ch.5

"So, what's your plan after high school, Brett?" Mrs. Chen asked Brett halfway through lunch. 

"Oh my gosh, mom." Eddy cut her off, "Just let Brett eat in peace." He knew Brett was already under so much pressure regarding his career choices as a senior. 

"I'm just asking him a question! Let me eat in peace, son." Mrs. Chen glared at Eddy and Eddy's sister started sniggering. 

"Shut up, Belle." Eddy elbowed her sister.

"Uh, I haven't decided yet, but I think I want to go to a music uni and keep playing the violin." Brett answered carefully as he did not know how would Mrs. Chen think about it. 

"Good, good. You are a hardworking kid, not like someone who is lazy and not practicing la!" Mrs. Chen glared at Eddy again. His sister made no attempt to conceal her smirk this time.

"Whattt? I went to practice with Brett this morning at like 9 am!" Eddy exclaimed with an innocent face. 

"Yeah after you stayed up late and played that stupid video game like all night." said Eddy's sister more innocently. Brett couldn't help but lose it. 

"BELLE!"

"EDDYY! I told you don't play video games before you finish your final essay!" 

"I am almost done! I've done like half of it, mom!"

"It's a ONE-PAGE essay, Eddy..."

"I know. I know. I will get this done today, OK?" Eddy quickly finished his the rest of his food and tapped on Brett's shoulder, "Are you done?"

"Yeah."

"Cool. Mom, Brett and I are going to study in my room now." The two rushed to the stairs as Eddy's mom was yelling behind them. "I said no running in the house!"

***

"God damn, Belle." Eddy closed the door. "That was totally a revenge because I did not let her join me last night. Holy shit."

"Your sister is fun. I sometimes wish that I had a younger sister or brother instead of being the youngest at home." Brett sat down on Eddy's bed because he did not know where to sit on the floor. Eddy's stuff were all over the place. 

"No, you don't. Trust me." 

Eddy slammed all the weight of his body back hard into his bed behind Brett. "Oh man, I am tired. I barely slept last night." He tried to stifle a yawn.

"You should have texted me and we could just do the filming tomorrow, tired old man." Brett slightly twisted his torso so he could partially face Eddy.

"It's OK. I want to get this done soon because we still need to edit it." Eddy said with a barely suppressed yawn as he poked Brett's back.

"I think all you need now is a nap, mate." Brett suggested as Eddy yawned for the third time. "We can meet up again tomorrow to finish the last part of the video."

He was about to stand up and walk to the door when Eddy's hand suddenly grabbed his.

"Huh?" Brett turned to the boy who seemed reluctant to release him.

"Can you stay?"

"For what? Watching you sleep?" 

"I don't know. I just want you to stay." Eddy said, not sure why he said that. "I've been thinking about...things. And maybe...maybe you can help me sort things out."

"Sure." It is always hard for Brett to say no to Eddy. "Move over a little bit so I can lie by you. It's hard to talk to you when you are basically behind me." Brett was curious about what Eddy was going to tell him.

"Oh." Are we going to lie in one bed now? Well, they had slept in the same tent when their families went camping together. But that was still different from lying in the same bed. Eddy felt his heart skipped a beat. Why is he getting so nervous like this?

TBC.