Ch.33

Eddy wasn't sure if the loud heartbeats belonged to Brett or him. Honestly, he was also not sure if interrupting Brett's conversation with Jordon was a good idea. 

But Jordon was right. They needed to communicate more. 

Ah, I should just do it. Brett eventually gave up on planning for the whole conversation and just blurted out his first thought–his feelings about leaving Eddy.

"I am scared of trying a long-distance relationship." He still could not look at Eddy's eyes. 

"Me, too." Eddy echoed. He smiled and slowly walked toward Brett to pull him closer. "I don't want you to leave."

"I don't want to leave you, either. And I feel selfish asking you to wait for me." 

"What? I thought you will be the one waiting for me to join you at uni."

"But you will be the one waiting for me to come visit over weekends and breaks, right?"

"No, I was actually planning on visiting you at uni." Eddy raised his left eyebrow . "Did you just assume that I will be waiting for you like a desperate wife waiting for her husband to come home?"

"Uh..." Brett hesitated. "Maybe more like a desperate husband waiting for his soloist hubby to come home–ouch!" He reacted dramatically when Eddy jokingly punched his arm.

"No way! I'm chasing after you wherever you go." Eddy laughed. "You can't get rid of me that easily, hubby."

Brett closed their distance without a word. 

Oh God he missed Eddy's lips so much.

"...Did you practice?"

"You mean violin?"

Brett rolled his eyes. "I mean kissing. Who told you to use tongue like this?"

Eddy giggled. "Of course I practice 40 hours a day to become a Ling Ling kisser."

"Liar. You can't practice without me. Now let your senpai teach you how to kiss properly..."

And then their 'relationship talk' went more smoothly from there. 

***

Their conversation ended up being longer than expected. And the more they shared with each other, the more relieved they felt. 

"I have already checked all the holidays and breaks on Queensland Conservatorium's website and compared them to your school calendar."

Eddy nodded.

"I also checked the tickets and marked some weekends down. I will share those dates with you so you'll know when I am in town."

More nodding. 

"Oh I also estimated the cost. I plan to do some teaching or play gigs around uni so I can make extra money and save up to come visit you more frequently."

"Brett?" Eddy was resting his chin on one hand and playing with Brett's hair with his other hand.

"What?" 

"You do realize that you don't have to plan everything by yourself, right?" 

"Yeah...I know. I guess I was more like, you know, doing all the planning to avoid...other stuff."

"Like avoid feeling your feelings?"

Ding-ding! Brett felt like he could hear some high-pitched triangle ringing in his head because Eddy's answer was 100% correct. He was too embarrassed to even answer Eddy's question. 

But that was enough reaction from Brett to confirm Eddy's guess. Eddy sighed. 

"We'll do this together, Bretty. I will go visit you on campus. I care more about how you feel than what you plan. We can plan together. Trust me, it'll all work out."

"Thanks, Eddy. I love you." Brett suddenly hugged Eddy and whispered by his ear.

Eddy blushed. "I love you, too."

The boys shared the moment of serenity as they cuddled at the piano stool by the window. The practice room is now airy and bright, filled by afternoon sunshine and Brissy breezes. 

They might be too naive about trying a long-distance relationship. But it's okay–they have all the time to figure it out as long as they have each other.  

***

"There is one problem," Eddy frowned. "How are we going to explain to our moms that we are seeing each other so frequently?"

Unfortunately, their traditional Asian households do not vibe to the LGBT-friendly beats as the rest of Australia. And they both don't feel comfortable coming out to their families yet and definitely don't want to get caught.

To Eddy's surprise, Brett grinned and pulled out his notebook. "I was gonna show you this logo I drew for our YouTube channel."

Eddy looked at the black and white doodle, still confused but also amused. "Dude, that looks like a viola."

"That's sacrilegious for you to say that. I tried my best, okay?"

"How is your sacrilegious doodle related to my question?"

"TwoSetViolin! I created this account for us because I wanted to visit you every month to record covers and make videos together. And I think this is going to be an epic project if we can do this throughout uni!"

"Damn, Brett! This is brilliant as fuck." Eddy was very impressed. "But wouldn't this be too much for you...? You may be busy with uni and other stuff. This sounds great but I just don't want to burden you..."

"Well, I reckon that it's not what I do to make my life epic and memorable, but whom I share my life with." Brett answered without hesitation, "You can't get rid of me that easily, hubby."

Eddy was moved by Brett's words. "I love you so much."

"I love you more."

"Thanks, bro, for all the planning." Eddy looked into Brett's eyes, "I was serious when I said that I'll do anything for you because I love you. So you have to let me know if there is anything I can do to make things easier."

"Actually," Brett sounded nervous, "there is one thing that I've been wanting to ask you."

"Okay? I'm down if I can be any helpful."

"It's something that only you can help out."

"Oh? What is it?"

"Well...it's a serious question..."

Brett scratched his head and spilled the tea.

"Will you go to prom with me?"

Eddy could not believe his ears.

"Uh, it's totally fine if you don't want to do this. I understand that it may sound awkward and you may not want to go to a prom with a guy in braces and–"

"OH MY GOD YES I WILL!!!" Eddy was so excited that he jumped on Brett and kissed him all over. 

"...Oh." 

Thank God.

TBC.