Ch.34

Brett knew that he will not be able to get to his prom on time since he decided to take Eddy Chen to his prom, who is late to almost everything.

"Dude, what's taking you so long? I thought all we have to do is to put on suits and cologne. Do you need help with doing your hair or something?" Brett checked his phone. Prom has already started 20 minutes ago, and they haven't even left Eddy's house yet.

"I'll be ready in a second!"

"OK!" The corners of Brett's mouth curved up. He knew Eddy so well that he knew that he would probably have to wait for another 10 minutes. And that's okay – he is going to have the best prom memory he could ever ask for with the perfect prom date.

What would it look like for a guy to go to prom with another guy? Brett could not stop thinking about this since the day he asked Eddy to be his prom date. Would it be too gay? Does that mean he is coming out, or forcing Eddy to come out with him?

There is nothing Brett would be embarrassed about taking Eddy to his prom. But what does Eddy think? He did not even ask Eddy about his opinion.

Or maybe Brett was too scared to think about these questions himself.

But he is pretty sure about one thing–he could not think of anyone else except for Eddy as his prom date.

It has to be Eddy Chen.

"Aww! Are those roses for me, Bretty? So sweet!"

Brett looked up as Eddy came downstairs. He froze for two seconds when he saw Eddy's outfit before he burst out laughing.

"Holy moly! No wonder it took you so damn long!"

"I said I would do everything for you." Eddy winked at Brett. "Do you like it? Belle insisted to do the makeup for me before I could show her my art skills."

"You look absolutely gorgeous, bae." Brett replied firmly. Eddy's entire face lit with happiness.

"Let's go now! Otherwise Cinderella is going to miss her pumpkin carriage!"

***

"Brett!" Dimitri waved as he saw Brett in the crowds. "We are here!"

"Where did you go? I've never seen you being this late before." Aaron asked.

"Uh, traffic." Brett shrugged and joined his friends. He became close friends with Dimitri, Olivia, and Aaron as they have been playing in the same quartet for his entire senior year. "Where is Olivia?"

"Oh she just went to the toilet. Also," Dimitri pulled the girl standing next to him closer. "This is my girlfriend, Zoey."

Aaron elbowed Brett when he was shaking hands with Zoey. "Your turn, bro. Who is this lucky girl with you tonight?"

"Oh, she is..." 

"I'm Edwina. We met at the orchestra." Edwina smiled confidently at Dimitri and Aaron. "I've heard a lot about you guys...Brett had mentioned the quartet several times when we went out."

"Oh really? Did he talk shit about us? Hmmmmm?"

"Well...not yet?"

"Cool. Then we will talk shit about Brett with you. You will find out about Brett's secret tonight." Dimitri giggled slyly.

"Yup. We will tell you everything." Aaron echoed his friend.

Brett laughed. " What does that even mean? What secret?"

"Well..." Aaron smirked. "Remember you texted us last week about..."

"Calm down, mate." Brett interrupted Aaron nervously and Dimitri gave him a goofy smirk.