Ch.30

It was an ordinary Brissi morning as bird chirping while bathing in sunlight. Everything was fresh and cheerful for the start of a new day except for a poor tired Asian boy who had been staring at his computer screen all night long.

"Damn. I'm such a great friend."

Jordon yawned and exported the video after the last edit. He stood up to stretch his legs as he glanced over his phone.

Holy shit. How could it be 5 am already? Jordon cursed silently and grabbed his phone to text the one who needed to take the responsibility for his sleepless night.  

'Done. Good luck, Prince Charming.' – Jordon He, 5:04 am

Then he quickly climbed over his bed before losing his consciousness. Jordon was too exhausted to even both to wait for a response.

So he would not know that his phone immediately vibrated as soon as being tossed with a new text from Brett Yang, who apparently was another member of this "all-nighter gang."

'Thanks man. I owe u a bunch.' – Brett Yang, 5:05 am

***

Eddy basically lost all his ability to speak, or even just make a simple sound.

He was too overwhelmed by his mixed emotions triggered by what just happened. And he could not simply describe the whole situation in any languages he knew.    

"So that's it. Happy birthday, Eddy!" Brett hoped Eddy would not notice how shaky his hands were when he was holding his phone. He withdrew his right hand after showing Eddy the birthday video which he had been making for like ages.

Phew. Finally. Thank God that he did not have to do it all alone as Jordn generously offered some editing support after watching  (and laughing at) the very first draft Brett made.

Eddy's head was still spinning and processing what he just experienced...

He first discovered Brett's 'secret YouTube Channel' and noticed the only video published by that account was actually titled his name ('Eddy 0323'). Being as curious as possible, he clicked on the video to watch it and saw first sentence popped up on the screen, 'This is what we like about you, Eddy Chen!'

Eddy was absolutely not prepared for this: his friends, Belle, and even he and Brett's violin teacher, Ms. Brownstone...everyone he has a close relationship with filmed a short clip for him to wish him happy birthday. 

'Are you filming already? Oh shit...wait, wait, wait...Uh, okay. Hi Eddy! Brett just popped up and asked me to say what I like about you. Unfortunately, I can't think of any–just kidding! I love your violin playing! Stay cool and go practice, bro!'

'Happy birthday, Eddy! I really like your genuine smile. I know you are shy and quiet but every time you share your ideas, they are always brilliant!'

'Hey Eddy! You are hilarious as fuck! I know you hate speaking in front of the class, but that one time you told a joke in the history class...oh man! Even Mr. Smith was laughing!'

Eddy wasn't too surprised when Jordon appeared in the video. 

'Okay bro. You need to ask Brett to show you his first draft of this video, the one he brought to me and cried for help (Brett: I DID NOT cry for help!). Anyway. I just want to say that you are my best friend and you are absolutely amazing!' 

'Well, Eddy. Congrats on getting older. No matter how old you are, you will always be my cool little brother and I will always support you! By the way, Mom is taking us out for sushi to celebrate for your birthday next week, uh, it should be "tonight" when you watch this!'