Ch.35

Warning: mentions of sexual harassment 

(The narrative was very brief but I am adding this just to be safer! I appreciate the reminder:D)

***

Brett wanted to pray to any God who could freeze the time and let him stay in the present moment forever. 

I want to remember every single detail of tonight. Brett thought. 

The fact that they were holding hands and dancing in public felt like a dream. A dream that was too sweet to come true. 

Eddy's chuckles, their silly dance moves, the hot aromatic air, his reflection in Eddy's warm brown eyes...Brett was so eager to capture all the moments that he almost wished he was a camera.

I  can spend the rest of my life watching this man smile at me like this.

Little did Brett know that he was the reason of his boyfriend's beautiful smile. 

***

It seemed like there was some sort of God heard his wish and tried to make tonight a little more unforgettable for him.

As dramatic as a dream could be, the next hour Brett found himself gasping heavily under the icy steam of water in Eddy's bathroom. Cold water poured down and washed away the blood stains on his face. His poor glasses were lying on the bathroom countertop, completely shattered.

He clumsily reached and grabbed the nearest plastic bottle, hoping that was shampoo. Thanks to all the nights he has spent on mangas and video games, Brett is basically blind without his glasses. 

They left the prom about 40 minutes ago and went straight to Eddy's place after Brett failed to calm his worrying boyfriend down with his bloody face.

"You are staying with me tonight." Eddy insisted as he dragged Brett into the car, "I'm not gonna let you go home with your nose bleeding like a waterfall." 

"It's not that bad..."

"Bretty, please." Eddy suddenly squeezed the shorter man into his warm chest. "Text your mom now. Let me take care of you." Eddy's voice trembled like he was about to cry.

So Brett simply gave up. "Alright...are you sure your mom will be cool with it?"

"She doesn't need to know."

"Wait, what?"

It turned out Eddy's parents were on a business trip and Belle went to her friend's house for a sleepover. 

And how could Brett refuse the idea of spending the night after prom with his boyfriend alone? Should he expect anything? Or is Eddy expecting anything about tonight...

He would be lying if he said that he had no interest in further exploring his their relationship with Eddy. But he really did not want to rush anything. And he was also not entirely sure about the proper way of...doing it with guys.

He couldn't help but had a flashback of Briana's yaoi mangas that he accidentally discovered on her shelf. And some of them were so graphic that he could easily fantasize Eddy as one of those characters. What kind of noise would Eddy make if he kissed on Eddy's collarbones...?

He really should not let his mind go over there. It didn't help at all as his hair now smells like Eddy because he just used Eddy's shampoo...

"Hey Brett–"

"Holy moly!" Brett did not expect that Eddy opened the door and poked his head in the bathroom.