Ch.24

"So you guys have been dating for like a month, huh?"

"...Yeah."

"And I'm assuming that you've been on a few dates?"

"...Sort of."

"Let me guess what you guys did. Practice, study, sleepovers, concerts,...maybe a zoo date since your boyfriend is obsessed with animals?"

"...Holy shit, Jordon." Brett's eyes widened in shock. "Were you stalking us or did you hide some spy camera–"

"Calm down, Brett. It's not very hard to guess where would two nerdy musician dudes go for dates, OK?" Jordon shrugged. "Now...details, please?"

"What details?" Brett began to regret his decision of asking Jordon for help. This is dumb as fuck.

"Details of your dates, mate! How much have you guys done so far? Did you guys kiss? Hug? Any naughty progress? Well, maybe that's too personal–"

"JORDON!" Brett felt like his face was on fire. "I should have just figured out what to get for Eddy's birthday on my own. I thought maybe I could get some good ideas from you since you guys have been friends longer. Never mind."

"No, no, no, Brett. I am sorry." Jordon stood up and apologized. "I get too excited by the fact that you guys are together. My bad."

"You do?" Brett was surprised. 

"Of course! I am so happy for you guys! And please don't break up. I am SO ready to be a groomsman at your wedding! And I will watch your kids when you guys go celebrate for anniversaries and–"

"Uh...I don't know about the marriage and kids parts but thanks." Brett felt he would die in embarrassment if he let Jordon go on. "So what should I do? I really want to make him feel special but I just can't think of any special gifts..."

"Hey, you don't have to give him a special gift to make him feel special because you are special to him."

"Uh. I got what you are saying but..."

"No you don't, Brett." Jordon sighed. "Let me ask you this: will you go to a Janine Johnson concert?"

"Of course I will!"

"Then does it really matter if she is playing Tchaikovsky or Brahms? Like will you end up not going because of what she plays?"

"God no. I will get the ticket anyway. It will be a great concert no matter what pieces she plays." 

"Right. This is what I was telling you earlier. You are Eddy's Janine Johnson. And it doesn't matter what you get for him because he loves you in the first place. This means he will be happy no matter what you do for him because the most important thing is you does it for him. Get it?"

Brett paused for a second before he slowly nodded. They sat in a brief silence before Brett spoke again. 

"...thanks, Jordon. I guess I was just too...nervous? Like I don't want to disappoint him?"

"Of course you don't because you love him as fuck. You two silly love birds." Jordon smirked and began to play 'Salut D'amour' on the piano. Brett almost forgot that they were in Jordon's practice room and he probably should leave and let him practice.  

"Can I ask you one last question?"

"Sure, Brett. I can give you a friend discount on this extra question as your Relationship Consultant." Jordon knew that Brett must have rolled his eyes.

"How can you just say those words so easily? Like...you know, not blushing or feeling too embarrassed?"

"What words?"

"The words that I can't say. Like, uh, lo-love?" Brett's cheeks became bright pink.

"Because I am an experienced Relationship Consultant?" Jordon winked. "Just kidding. I think I am just more used to expressing emotions than you? And this requires practice, too. But if you don't practice, you will never improve."

"...OK."

"Maybe you should think more about this when you prepare for Eddy's gift. I have a good feeling that this will bring up some lovely ideas if you keep brainstorming."

"Have you considered switching career to maybe a counselor or a fortune teller?"

"Too many questions for one consultation session, Mr. Yang. You will receive your relationship consultation bill within the next 24 hours. Have a nice day!"

"...you slyly bastard."  They laughed together before Brett headed out Jordon's practice room.

***

Jordon smiled and whispered at the closed door though Brett could not hear him anyway. "I am serious, Brett. I will be down for you guys' groomsman at the wedding."

Then he slightly frowned. And I am also serious that you need to practice more on expressing your feelings...otherwise it may cause some troubles to your relationship, bro.

Well, maybe I am just thinking too much. I had better start practicing now! He shrugged his thought off and began to play. 

TBC.