Ch.17

"Uh...Brett..." Eddy moaned softly, gasping heavily under Brett. 

"You alright? Does it hurt?" Brett asked, concerned. 

"I'm alright...uh..."

"Are you sure? We can slow down if you want..."

"No. Let's just...keep going..."

"Should I hold here instead? Will that make you feel better?"

"It's fine...I think I'll get used to it when it gets...uh, faster..."

"Oh. My. God. Guys." Jordon covered his face and burst out laughing. "You sound like you are having sex instead of doing a sit-ups punishment. Why don't you two get a room already?"

"Shut up, Jordon." Eddy struggled with getting up from the floor. Brett released Eddy's feet and helped him stand up. 

Eddy is really bad at doing sit-ups but that was what they agreed as a punishment before filming this new 'violin game video' that he just invented with Brett. And Jordon had been helping them with filming since neither of them owned a tripod and he had some experiences with video editing as well.

"Are you blushing?" Jordon winked at Eddy, which just made him blush more. 

"I was doing sit-ups, okay?" Eddy argued. He saw Brett's face was red, too.

"Aww, Eddy boi! I won't be too surprised if you guys are dating or–" Jordon grinned slyly before Brett interrupted him.

"I think that's enough for today. Thanks, Jordon. Are you sure that you don't want to be in our next video?" Brett turned off the camera on Eddy's phone and tried to change the subject. 

"I would love to but next weekend won't work. And I don't want to make you guys push back the plan for me." said Jordon. "Plus I think you guys are funny enough. Man, that Gangnam style video..."

They chatted for another ten minutes before Jordon's mom arrived at Eddy's house to pick him up. Brett followed Eddy and went back to his room after Jordon left.

"Do you think he knows?" Eddy asked Brett after closing the door.

"That we are dating?" Brett immediately knew what Eddy was talking about because that comment also bothered him a little bit. "Nah. I think he is just joking. He always makes this kind of jokes, doesn't he?"

Eddy knew Brett was right. "Yeah. I guess I was just overreacting...anyway. Are you still on for a sleepover tonight?"

"I think so?" Brett smiled nervously. "Unless you don't want me to stay?"

They had done a lot of sleepovers since they became friends. But this would be their first time doing it as boyfriends.

"No. I'm just double-checking..." Eddy shook his head. "I want you to stay, Brett."

"Sounds good to me." Brett gently combed Eddy's hair with his fingers. 

"What do you want to do tonight?" Eddy's eyes half-closed, enjoying Brett's touch.

 "Hmm...I'm not sure. What about you?" They were both lying down on Eddy's bed though both of them had no clue how they ended up here.

"Well, we can play video games, watch movies, read mangas...Oh! We should watch the new Naruto episode together! I think it came out last Friday...Brett?" Eddy stopped as Brett squeezed him in for a hug. 

"I've been thinking..." Brett buried his face in Eddy's chest. His voice was shaky. "I know this probably sound dumb. But maybe I should be more patient before dragging you into this...you know, this relationship."

He kept going. "I mean...I don't want to force you to do anything that you don't want. And maybe you are just confused because I am always here for you...Maybe I should give your more time to think and..."

"Oh my gosh, Bretty," Eddy hugged Brett tight. "You think I don't understand my own feelings?"

Well, technically yes. Eddy did not figure out his feelings for Brett until Brett directly told Eddy how he felt about him. It was like a missing puzzle piece suddenly popped up from nowhere and Eddy was finally able to see the whole picture. 

"No...but..."

"Hey, look at me..." Eddy held Brett's face in his hand and looked into Brett's insecure black eyes. "Let me ask you this, Brett. Do you regret asking me out for a date?"

"What? No. Never." 

"Do you regret going on a date with me?"

"Of course not. I love it."

"Do you regret any of the hugs? Kisses? And everything that you have done to me?"

"No...And I want more." Brett answered while feeling the urge to taste Eddy's soft lips.

"Right. And I feel the same, Brett. I have the exact same answers to all of these questions." Eddy's voice was calm and firm.

"You do? Actually?" 

 "Brett, You are important to me, you always are. And I think it is not a bad idea for us to try something new...you are still my best friend. And I think being in love with my best friend is the luckiest thing ever." 

Brett did not know what to say. He felt a warm stream flowing through his heart...and his whole body. He knew at this moment that he would do anything for Eddy, love Eddy at all cost, and give Eddy all of him even if he did not ask for. 

He gave Eddy a long and tight hug and felt Eddy hugged him back.

"Have you heard of the song about being in love with your best friend?" Brett asked Eddy.

"Who are you? I thought my boyfriend does not listen to any pop music...okay, okay, I am just kidding. Who sang it?"

"I don't remember his name."

"Hm, I'm not sure. Can you sing it for me?"

Brett did not consider himself a good singer but he would give it a try just for Eddy.

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again

"OK. That's all I remember...wait, you lied! You knew this song!" Brett poked Eddy while Eddy began to sing the next part naturally. 

Lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

"I said I wasn't sure. And I just thought that it would be cute if my boyfriend could sing a song for me?" Eddy chuckled and responded in his most innocent voice.

"You know that I don't really listen to pop music."

"That's why it's cute when you sing."

"I think it will be more fair if you reward your boyfriend for his efforts."

"Really? Do you know what kind of reward he might want?"

"Well..."

Brett pulled Eddy closer and laid his lips over Eddy's for a passionate kiss.

TBC.