Young!Dwalin X You

I turn on the couch to face him. "Oh come on! You had to have seen this coming." I say to Dwalin playfully, trying to hide my nerves.

"I didn't." He tells me as he runs his hand through his Mohawk. "I never really thought of you as the type to get married. To anyone."

"What type did you see me as then?"

"A warrior. Fierce. Proud. Strong. Sometimes scary..." He pulls a fake scared look.

"Oh. Only sometimes?" I tease.

"Aye. Lass. Sometimes!" We both laugh and he continues. "I just never saw you as one to marry and settle down."

I nod in agreement. "My father thinks it is what is best for me. But," I perk up a bit. "He did say I could marry whom ever I choose."

"Do you have anyone in mind?" He asks as he absently plucks at his viola.

"Well.... I do but I have no way of knowing if he would accept and I do not wish to ruin any friendship I have with him." I tell.

He nods. "You'll never know unless you ask."

"Dwalin?" He looks over at me, his face blank but his eyes full of unreadable emotions. My nerves rise up and I change what I was going to say. "W..what would you do? If the one dwarf you were in love with didn't want you?"

He tilts his head slightly and I smile a little at how adorable he can be sometimes. I mentally shake my head. 'Not the time!'

"Y/N, any dwarf would be a fool not to want you." He sets his viola down, moves a little closer to me, and rests his hands over my own. I see something pass over his eyes that I have never seen before. His voice deepens as he speaks. "I would kill to have you...."

I blush bright red bite my lower lip. My pulse speeds. "There is only one dwarf that I want," I begin.

His features harden and he immediately moves away. "Oh. I see." He picks up his viola and acts as if nothing happened.

We sit in uncomfortable silence for a while. Finally I get tired of it. I try to work up the nerves to ask him. "You know you are the only thing that has ever made me nervous...." I tell him. He just grunts in reply.

I stand and turn to look at him, with my hands on my hips. Finally he looks up. "What, Y/N?"

I grab his viola and set it on the table beside him. He tilts his head to the side, showing his confusion. I climb into his lap and sit where I am straddling his hips. "I told you, there is only one dwarf I want." The nerves knot up in my stomach. I run my fingers through his beard, calming myself, and he leans into my hand.

I breathe out a shaky breath and he looks up at me, curiosity in his eyes. "I...I love you Dwalin...."

I feel his back tense and he just stares at me for a few moments. I begin to move off of him, thinking I shouldn't have said anything. "I'm sor..." He cuts me off by grabbing my face and pulling me into a rough heated kiss.

I instantly lean into the kiss, deepening it, and bury my hands in his beard, earning a moan from him.

Eventually we have to pull away for breath. Each of us panting and smiling, our foreheads pressed together.

"I love you too Y/N....." Dwalin says with a smile, a genuine smile. "I just never thought you'd want me....."

I lightly kiss his lips and smile. "You are everything I have always wanted. Rough. Strong. Intimidating. Yet you have the kindest eyes of anyone I have ever met. We have been through so much together, and you have always tried to protect me."

He smirks and run his finger over the nick in his ear. "You are definitely a trouble maker."

I smile and take his hands, nervously running my fingers over his metal knuckle dusters. "Dwalin, my father wants me married..." I trail off and sigh. "I want none but you.... What say you?"

He cups my cheeks, his knuckle dusters cold against my skin, and gently kisses my lips. "Y/N, Amrálimé." He whispers in kazudul. (I love you)

I smile and hug him tightly. He returns the hug and begins trails kisses down my neck to my chest. My breathing quickens and he chuckles. "Teasing is mean." I tell him with a smile.

"Oh I know....." He murmurs and nuzzles into my neck. "Shall we tell your father?"

"Yes, the sooner we are wed the sooner you will be mine." I say with a devious smile.

He chuckles and wraps his hands around my waist, supporting me as he stands. "Lets go then." Dwalin says and gently sets me down. We walk hand in hand out of the library in search of my father. "Do you know where he should be?"

"Aye. He and Balin were at the Sparing field with Thorin last I checked." Dwalin chuckles again. "What?" I ask with a curious smile.

"Of course they're at the Sparing field. I tell you they do nothing but spar."

I nod. "Yeah. That's pretty much all our families do....."

We walk together in comfortable silence down to the Sparing field. This is actually where we met. Dwalin was not too happy being told he had to teach a girl to fight but after I gave him a black eye he realized I was no girly girl. I could pack a punch. I smile at the memory.

"Oh no. I know that look." Dwalin says and playfully backs away from me.

"Hhmm?" I feign innocence.

"You're not giving me another black eye. Or nicked ear!" He says with a smile.

"Hey!" I huff. "The nicked ear was not my fault! You were too slow." I shrug.

"Too slow hu?" He lunges at me and grabs me around my waist, throwing me over his shoulder.

I shriek in laughter and pound against his back before giving up and getting comfortable. "Onward trusty steed. Take me to my father!" Dwalin laughs and refuses to budge. "Mush!" I tell him and slap his bum causing him to jump and quickly put me down again.

I grin as he pulls me up against him. He growls. "That is cheating little lady."

I laugh and begin walking backwards. "All's fair in love and war!" I say then turn and see my father, Balin and Thorin watching us from the corner.

"I see you have chosen a husband." My father says with a smile, he has always liked Dwalin.

Dwalin wraps his arm around my waist. "I would like your permission to begin courting your daughter sir." He says politely. Father nods, giving his permission

I look over to Balin with a smirk. "And I would like permission to court your baby brother."

They all laugh. My father turns to Balin and Thorin. "Told you she would choose Dwalin."

"Never doubted it." They reply at the same time.