Bofur X You

I curl up into a ball trying not to breathe. It hurts to much to breathe. The rain soaking into my clothes making me shiver.

I hear heavy footfalls approach and I automatically shrink away thinking it was the man who beat me. "No! No Please! Don't hurt me again! Please!" I sob out, my hands up in defense, my eyesight blurry with tears.

I see the blurry figure hold up his hands and I shrink back against the wall. "Woah! Easy there Lassie. Easy." The man says, holding up his hands in a peaceful gesture.

I recognize the voice, a close friend of mine. "B..Bofur?" I ask shakily.

"Aye." He says and my vision clears enough to see him with that silly hat. "Pardon lass, but I know not who yeh are...."

I nod in understanding. I took a bad beating and there is a cut running from just above my right eye to down along my jawline. It bled quite a bit and I don't exactly look like myself.

I stand and Bofur tilts his head to the side. "Y/N? Oh Mahal... Y/N! What happ...." His words fade and the world goes black.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I wake as something cold is placed on my forehead. "Mmh.." I moan as I try to push it away.

"Lassie. Yer awake. Good. How're yeh feeling?" Bofur asks quickly and I feel him sitting next to me.

"What happened?" I ask and finally open my eyes to see him looking at me worriedly.

"Yeh fainted. Honestly lass yeh look like yeh've been through hell." He tells me.

"You could call it that." I say and attempt a smile.

I try to sit up but he stops me. "Yeh need to lay down for a while lass. Yer hurt pretty badly."

"W..where am I?" I ask as I look around and notice the unfamiliar surroundings. There's a bookshelf overflowing with books, a comfy looking sofa-chair beside it. A fireplace with wooden animals on the hearth. And a nightstand beside the large bed I am currently on.

He rubs the back of his neck. "My home. Didn't know where else to take yeh. And yeh fainted so I knew yeh needed to be cared for."

I nod and look around. "Thank you Bofur." I take his hand and squeeze it before letting it go. "So. Is this your room?"

"Yep. Welcome to my home." He says cheerfully and extends his arms in a welcoming gesture.

I feel for a cut that had been on my side and notice my waist is bandaged up. I lift my shirt up just enough to see my stomach and my waist is indeed bandaged.

I look over at Bofur and his eyes go wide. He automatically holds his hands palm out and shakes his head. "I saw nothin. I promise yeh Lass. I only cleaned yer wound and bandaged it."

I smile and slowly sit up. "I believe you." I tell him with a bit of a laugh.

"Uh lassie. What happened to yeh? If I may ask." He asks, watching me curiously as I lean against the headboard of the bed.

I sigh. "Some human. He cornered me in that alley. Tried to take advantage of me but I wouldn't let him, so he pulled a knife on me." I lightly touch the cut on my side. "Beat me. Then just left me. The rest you know I suppose."

He nods and anger passes over his features. "How could anyone ever hurt a woman. Specially one as kind a yeh?" His hands ball up into a fist and I see real anger seep into his eyes.