Beorn X You

I bolt awake as I hit the floor. Thinking I must have fallen out of bed but I soon see that's not the case. Beorn is thrashing about in his sleep. He's having a nightmare.

It's been a month since he returned from the Battle of Five Armies and this was the first time he would let himself sleep in bed with me. The battle woke up some pretty Buried memories from when he was captured by Azog. He's been having nightmares since the battle. He's been trying to stop them and we that he had been successful until now.

-----------Earlier today-------------

"Listen, I want you to promise me something. " Beorn tells me as we lay in bed getting ready for sleep. "Promise me you won't try to wake me if I have a nightmare." He says and I can hear the urgency behind it.

"I promise." I tell him and cup his cheek before kissing.

I lay against his chest and he wraps his arms around me. "I couldn't bare it if I hurt you." He murmurs to me.

"You'd never hurt me Beorn." I tell him.

"Just don't try to wake me." He tells me and again I tell him I won't. He sighs and pulls the blankets up around us.

--------------Present Time--------------

I know he made me promise not to wake him but I don't know what to do. I mean I know I'd probably get punched if I tried to wake him from this nightmare but he needs to wake.

"Beorn?" I ask as I stand at the foot of the bed. "Beorn it's a dream. Wake up please!" I beg but he can't hear me. He's too deep in the dream.

"N..no! Stop!" He growls out in his sleep.

"Beorn?" I asks again trying to wake him. "Love you're dreaming. You need to wake up."

I hear a whining coming from the bedroom door and open the door to see Kota one of our boar-hounds with his ears pulled back. "It's alright." I tell him and stroke his head. "He's having a nightmare." I tell him and he continues to whine as he watches Beorn.

"Don't touch her!" Beorn growls and bolts up finally awake. His hands clench in fists and he is breathing hard as he slowly realizes it was just a dream.

"Beorn?" I ask and he quickly turns to look at me standing by the door.

"Are you alright?" We ask at the same time.

He sighs and nods before running his hand over his face. "Did I hurt you?" He asks and I can hear the strain in his voice.

I climb up onto the bed and pull his hands away from his face to get him to look at me. "No. Of course you didn't." I push against his chest. "Come on let's lay back down." He refuses for a second before pulling me into his arms and laying back. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask referring to his dreams.

"I don't remember it." He tells me.

I cup his face and rest my forehead against his. "It's okay now." I tell him and he closes his eyes with a shaky sigh before turning us over and laying his head on my chest, curling up against me.

I run my fingers through his hair trying to calm him down. It's very rare to see Beorn this vulnerable.

"Will you sing to me?" He asks, his voice sounding so young and afraid.

"Of course." I tell him and my heart aches for him.

"I hear... the wind... across the plain

A sound... so strong - that calls my name

It's wild like the river - it's warm like the sun

Ya it's here - this is where I belong...

Under the starry skies - where eagles have flown

This place is paradise - it's the place I call home

The moon on the mountains

The whisper through the trees

The waves on the water

Let nothing come between this and me

'Cause everything I want - is everything that's here

And when we're all together - there's nothing to fear

And wherever I wander - the one thing I've learned

It's to here - I will always... Always return."

He soon slips off to sleep and I can feel his light snores rumbling in his chest and all I can this is how much I love him.