Thranduil X Nebula

"Do not speak to me of dragons fire!"

-FlashBack-

"Thranduil No!" I scream as he shields me from the flames. His pained screams fill my mind and I flinch.

The fire leaves and he collapses. I see his body ravaged by the flames and I fall to my knees beside him. I dig through my bag trying to find some Athleas plant.

His eyes meet mine as I grind the plant. "I am so sorry." I whisper. He moans in pain as I cover his face in healing herb.

His extreme blue eyes close and I watch as the Athleas try to heal his skin. It won't be enough. "Whatever grace has been granted me, Valar I beg of you, give it to him."

I hear a gasp and Thranduil sits up and looks around trying to figure out what's going on, then he remembers everything.

I look into his eyes and I see pain flash before them. "Why did you do that?" I ask, pain laced in my voice.

"Do what?" He asks.

"You know of what I speak."

He looks down for a moment then back into my eyes. "I could not let the Dragon kill you Nebula."

I look down at my hands in shame. "Why?"

"You are more precious to me than any gem I could acquire." He cups my face, forcing me to look up at him, his magic completely covering the scars.

I lightly touch his cheek where the flames had ravaged. "I'm so sorry." I sob out.

-Present-

"Do not speak to me of Dragons Fire!" Thranduil growls at Thorin. "I know it's wrath and ruin." I watch in horror as he shows the Dwarf the scars he got when protecting me. I caused that to happen to him. I caused him that agony. "I have faced the great serpents of the North."

Thrandil backs away, the scarred flesh returning to his normal self. "I warned your grandfather of what his wrath would ruin. But he would not listen. You are just like him." Thranduil says as he walks to his throne. "Stay here if you will and rot!" The Guards drag Thorin away. "A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an Elf. I am patent. I can wait."

A few minuets go by and I try to hold back the tears. Thranduil speaks. "I know you're there. Why do you linger in the shadows?"

My pulse speeds up and I step out to where he can see me. I slowly approach the Elven King and gently run my fingers over the cheek that had been so badly burned so long ago. "Does it really bother you so to see them?" Thranduil asks.

He looks up and as his blue eyes meet mine, my tears fall. He sighs, "Come here." and pulls me into his lap.

"I am so sorry." I whimper into his chest.

He places his fingers under my chin, forcing me to look up at him. "I am not, Nebula, nor will I ever be." He tells me. "I could not lose you then and I do not regret saving you now." His lips brush my gently. "You are my most valuable possession and I will always protect you."