Dwalin X You

I first met him when i was a child and he a young warrior.  I was playing around in the training fields not paying attention when i litterally ran into him.

He was young then but he was already massive. One of the tallest dwarves i had ever seen and i was terrified of him.

Then he reached down, offering me his hand, and pulled me to my feet. 'You alright?' He signed in Khuzdul.

I could only nod. He begins to walk away then stops and turns to face me. "Always be aware of your surroundings." He told me before he walked away.

I wanted to be a warrior like him. Terrifying and strong but then the dragon came and all anyone could focous on was surviving.

Years we wandered, homeless and devastated, forced to become strong to survive. Ever still i trained and practiced until i could more than adequately protect myself.

After the battle for moria, the death of King Thror, and the disappearance of Thrain our people were shaken. Groups broke off to settle here or there. Some setteled umong men and in the iron hills but those of us still loyal to Thorin settled with the King in the Blue Mountains.

We lived peacefully my parents and i. Happy for a long time but then my father died in a mining accident. My mother was never the same.

She tried to push on for me but he was her one. The only one made for her as she was made for him. She did fight it but eventually she died of a broken heart. Dwarves were not ment to be separated from their one.

Dwarves aren't ment to be alone at all really but I've managed. I had no choice. I became my own dwarf. Strong, solid, always sure in my step, eyes always watching always wary. That is how i survived so long on my own.

When word spread that Thorin Oakenshield was gathering a company to reclame Erebor i gathered my few possessions and headed for the King's court.

I was welcomed gladly and i soon learned why. So few had joined the company. It inraged me. Thorin is our King and he is a good dwarf. Have our people no loyalty?

I understand that the battle of Moria was devistating. I was there. I saw Thror die. So many had been willing to go and fight with their king then. Where as now so few have joined the company. Fourteen dwarves joined our quest. Only fourteen!

My King Thorin Oakenshield. The Princes Fili and Kili, the youngest in the company both eager and optimistic.
The brothers of Ri, Dori the strongest dwarf in the Blue Mountains. Nori a thief thought it wasn't common knowlege. And Ori the company's shy scribe. Bofur a lively dwarf. He seemed to keep the companies spirits up.Bombur a very large dwarf. Bifur who litterally has an axe embeded in his head. Oin the nearly deaf apothecary. Gloin who i knew very little about. Balin the wise and kind diplomat and him Dwalin Fundinson.

I never expected to meet him again. This time as an adult. It didnt take long to recognize him.

He looks much like he did then. Older with more scars and tattoos. His mowhawk faded to a bald crown and a scowl permanently displayed on his face. Massive and fierce and even more threatining than before. He was the Kings guard and he was powerful.

He didnt talk all that much or atleast not to me. He was active in planning and training but otherwise he would find somewhere to sit and keep watch.

Every once in a while i would look over at him to find his eyes on me. Especially when i would spar with one of the company.

I was a good fighter light and quick on my feet. I could hold my own against most of the company but i was no where near as skilled as  Thorin or Dwalin and it bothered me.