Fili X You

[A/N: Set after BoFA Thorin and Fili survive. Kili does not. WARNING: This is going to be a bit depressing. It does end in happyness though.]

"I've been watching Fili since the battle. He doesn't eat. He never sleeps. He never shows any emotion..... I'm worried for him. He hasn't even spoken! It's been many moons and the last time he spoke was at Kili's funeral." I say. Then sigh. "I'm worried for him Thorin."

"We all are Y/N...... He just needs some time." Thorin tells me again. I've been updating him on Fili for a while now. I'm genuinely concerned.

For as long as I had known the Prince, which is pretty much as long as I have been alive Kili and I were close in age and there were not many dwarflings so we were automatic friends and of course they were so close Fili became my friend as well, anyway for as long as I had known Fili he had never mourned this long. Not even when their father died. Sure he and Kili both mourned for many days but never to this extreme.

The king says nothing more. I sigh and walk away to wander the halls of Erebor. Was it worth it? The price we paid to win this stupid mountain?

I wander around the halls lost in thought until I see a familiar blonde dwarf sitting on the steps to the throne room.

I walk over to him and sit beside him on the stairs. "Fancy some company?" I ask and get no reaction. I sigh sadly. "Fili, I'm here.... If you ever need me..." I tell him.

I get up and begin to walk away, giving him some space, but he grabs my arm in a death grip.

I turn to him and see pure panic in his eyes. My heart hurts seeing him like this. I pull him into a hug and his arms wrap around me tightly as if he thinks he could loose me at any moment. "I'm here Fili." I say, my voice muffled into his chest but I know he hears me. "I'll never leave you." I tell him.

When we stop hugging we set down and Fili lays his head in my lap. I gently run my fingers through his hair and he eventually drifts off to sleep.

I smile at his sleeping form. It's the first time in a long time that I have seen him with a smile on his face. I hate to wake him but it would be much better if he slept in his bed.

"Fili?" I gently shake his shoulders and his eyes dart open fear already laced in them. "Shh.. It's okay." I say trying calm him.

He sits up and looks at me, his head tilted to the side. I take his hands and we both stand. "Come. Lets get you to bed."

He nods and I lead him through the maze of Erebor to his room. I push open the doors and close them behind us. Fili pulls off his shirt and tosses it aside, then climbs onto his bed and under the blanket.

I walk over to the door about to slip out but I feel Fili standing behind me. I turn to face him and his eyes look so lonely and pleading. He pulls me towards the bed almost as if asking if I'd stay with him

I nod and crawl into the bed next to him. He pulls me closer until I'm laying with my head on his chest. Soon his breathing calms and I know he has fallen asleep.

I look up at him and he looks peaceful. I lay back down and not a moment later the door opens. Ori pokes his head in and I slip off the bed, walking over to him.

"My apologies Y/N." Ori says. He notices how peaceful Fili is and sadness passes over the young dwarfs features.

"What is it Ori?" I ask gaining his attention back.

"Thorin wants to talk to you." He tells me and I follow him out of the room. I look back at Fili's sleeping form before closing the door and heading to Thorin.