Legolas X Azile

(A-N ha! I got another one done. Hope you like it @Miss_DragonRider.)

"You boys will see more than any other hobbits will ever see." I tell Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin as we make our way up to the stop of the Misty Mountains.

"Have you ever been over the mountains?" Pippin asks curiously.

I smile. "Many times. I've been all over middle earth, Legolas has been around more than I have though." Then I whisper. "He's older than I am."

"I heard that." Legolas, my husband, says from way ahead of us causing us to laugh.

The hobbits run ahead and follow close to Legolas and Gandalf peppering them with questions over their travels.

Boromir drags behind with Gimli. I wait for them to catch up. "What's wrong boys?" I ask a bit worried as I am a healer and they need to be healthy.

"I'm tired." Boromir says still half asleep.

"I wanted to go into Moria." Gimli grumbles.

I hand Boromir a handful of nuts. "These will help you wake up. And Gimli, Gandalf obviously doesn't want to go into the mines. There has to be a reason."

"AZILE!" Legolas calls to me for about a half a mile up ahead.

"COMING!" I yell to him and turn back to them. "Personally I'm glad we don't have to go into the mines, while I'd like to see Ori and Balin again I really don't like feeling caged in like that. And you both may want to bring out your heavier cloaks. It's going to get much colder soon."

Then I turn and run as fast as I can to reach Legolas. "Close your eyes." He tells me just as soon as I reach him. I try to argue but he covers my eyes with his hands. "Focus." He whispers into my ear, barley audible to where only I can hear him.

"What is it?" I whisper back.

"It's about a mile up. You're going to love it." He tells me and I can hear the smile in his voice. He moves his hands away and when I open my eyes I focus at the land up ahead and then I see it. White.

I smile excitedly. "Snow." I look back at my Legolas to see him smiling. He knows I love the snow.

"What is it?" Frodo asks noticing my excitement.

"Snow. Oh Frodo I just love snow. Have you ever seen it?" I asks him.

All the hobbits shake their head no. "It only ever rains and sun shines in the shire." Sam tells me.

"Well boys, it's cold and the whitest white you could ever see. Each little flake is different. None are made the same. Each is beautiful In its uniqueness." I tell them with a smile not knowing that Legolas is watching me with a look of pure admiration and love.

"Don't forget, Azile, it is dangerous." Gandalf reminds me.

"Yes. Snow can be extreamly dangerous because it is so cold. But if your safe about it, snow can be so much fun. Come on! Put on your thick cloaks and lets hurry to it!" I tell them with a smile.

It takes about 30 minutes to walk the mile to where white slowly begins to cover the grey rocky ground.

I run ahead a bit to where the snow is thicker and sticking to the ground and I scoop up some snow and shape it into a ball before launching it behind me and hitting Legolas in the forehead.

His eyes grow wide and he runs at me before tackling me and we roll around In the snow me trying to pin him down but him succeeding and pinning me into the snow.

"So this is snow?" We hear Merry ask as he scoops a handful and lets it fall.

I roll out from under Legolas and bounce up before scooping up some snow and showing Merry how to make snowballs.

"Okay now just throw it." I tell him.

He looks at it, then me then over to Pippin and throws it as hard as he can at the poor hobbit. It hits Pippin in the face and he looks up trying to figure out where it came for before he sees Merry jumping up and down in excitement.

Merry shows Pippin and soon we have an all out snowball fight on our hands. Aragorn joins in after the hobbits and goes up against Legolas and I. Then poor Boromir gets fully attacked by all of the hobbits. Even Frodo joins in. It's good to see him having fun.

Gandalf cheats and uses his staff to keep the snow from hitting him. Gimli pulled me in on a plan to get Gandalf and we made a snowball the size of Gimli's torso but when he throws it Gandalf turns it around and it completely buries Gimli.

Once we unbury the dwarf I show the hobbits how to make snowmen and snow angels and we take a small break to let everyone play in the snow.

I sit crosslegged in a pile of snow and Legolas comes to join me. "Look at them," I tell him a gesture to everyone having fun and playing in the snow. "That right there Is why I love the snow. It brings out the child in all of us." I tell Legolas.

"This is all because of you Azile. You showed them how to have fun." Legolas says as he pulls me into his embrace. "You bring out the best in people and I love you for it." He says and gently kisses my lips.