Nori Colder Weather

"Nori please! You don't have to leave. You can stay here with me!" I beg as he gathers his things.

"I'm sorry Y/N but I can't stay." Nori tells me, hugs me once more and then walks out my cottage. The door swings shut but the bitter cold of the night still makes its way in.

"But I love you." I whisper to an empty house. My eyes fill with tears as I watch him through the window. He pauses and looks back at my house then holds his torch up high and walks away into the night. I stay at the window long after the glow disappears before going to bed curling up and cry myself to sleep.

She'd trade Colorado if he'd take her with him
Closes the door before the winter lets the cold in,
And wonders if her love is strong enough to make him stay,
She's answered by the tail lights
Shining through the window pane

A month or so later I get a letter from Nori it said "I wanna see to you again. But I'm stuck in colder weather. Maybe tomorrow would be better. Can I call you then."

My heart that was mending itself begins to hope but my mind try's not to let it as I write him back. I said, "You're a rambling man Nori. You ain't never gonna change. You got a gypsy soul to blame. You were born for leaving."

-Nori's Pov-

I am so glad I decided to pay for a hot meal. Today's earnings was more than enough and it is the first I have had in a very long time. The night outside begins to blizzard. Better get a room as well. The first bed I'll have slept in in a long time.

"Do you want anything else?" The human bar maiden asks with a kind smile but her eyes are far off thinking of someone.

"Nothing Thank you." I tell her. But it's not true. I want more than anything to be back with the girl I left behind. Y/N.

At a truck stop diner just outside of Lincoln,
The night is black as the coffee he was drinkin',
And in the waitress' eyes he sees the same 'ol light shinin',
He thinks of Colorado
And the girl he left behind him

As I get settled into my room I got to the writing desk and wrote a letter to Y/N. "I wanna see to again. But I'm stuck in colder weather." I tell her. "Maybe tomorrow would be better. Can I call you then."

A week later I get her reply. She says. "You're a rambling man Nori. You ain't ever gonna change. You got a gypsy soul to blame. You were born for leaving."

Well it's a winding road
When your in the lost and found
You're a lover I'm a runner
We go 'round 'n 'round
And I love you but I leave you
I don't want you but I need you
You know it's you who calls me back here baby

That night I lay under the stars thinking of Y/N. I wish I could be good enough for her but I know I can't. I'm just a theif. I love her but I can't make her deal with me I made the right choice. She deserves better than a thief.

Oh I wanna see you again
But I'm stuck in colder weather
Maybe tomorrow will be better
Can I call you then
Cause I'm a ramblin' man
I ain't ever gonna change
I gotta gypsy soul to blame
And I was born for leavin'

After a year of travel I head back home to see my brothers and maybe to see Y/N.

"Nori?" Little Ori squeals excitedly as I come up the drive. He runs and tackles me in a hug.

"How you doing my little scribe?" I ask as ruffle his hair.

"I'm good. Did yah bring me anything?" He asks and I laugh before handing him a present.

He quickly rips into it to reveal a bottle of gold ink that I had lifted from merchant a while back. He squeals excitedly and hugs me.

"What all the-" Dori asks as he comes out of the house but stops when he sees me. "Nori!" He says shocked and runs to hug me.

After a while of catching up I tell Dori i'll be back and go to slip out of the house while Ori is napping but Dori catches up to me. "Where ya going?" My older brother asks.

"To see Y/N. I need her to know how sorry I am that I left and that I love her. She's my one I only left trying to protect her from myself." I tell Dori.

"I'll take you to her." Dori tells me and begins leading me through town in the opposite direction of her house.

"Where are we going?" I ask confused.

"To Y/N." Dori tells me.

We go through the forest to end up in a meadow. "Why would she be-" my words stop in my throat as I see a marble stone. "Dori?" I ask as fear grips my heart.

"A few months ago Y/N's house burnt down but she couldn't get out." Dori tells me and I fall to my knees in front of Y/N's marble head stone.

And when I close my eyes I see you
No matter where I am
I can smell your perfume through these whispering pines
I'm with your ghost again
It's a shame about the weather
I know soon we'll be together
And I can't wait till then
I can't wait till then

[A/N so I did a thing ^ all that and sorry p.s. it killed me tooooo *sobbing in background* NORI BBY IM SORRY anyways I really love this song Colder Weather by Zac Brown Band video link at the top]