Bofur X You Poor Bofur

[A/N: before you read this I wanna say PLEASE DONT HATE ME!!!! This is a headcannon that I recently ran across and I cannot get it out of my mind. Any requests for any one shots? Okay continue....

I curl up with my knees to my chest and I sob, thinking of those we lost. I vaguely see Bombur talking to Dwalin then they both take off running. I feel nothing but numbness.

Someone lays their hand on my shoulder but I ignore them. "Y/N!" I hear them shout and he begins to shake me. I look up to see Balin's worried eyes. Instantly I snap out of my trance.

"Balin?" I ask confused. Our eyes meet and I can see his panic. I stand and he begins to drag me along with him. "Balin what is wrong?"

He turns back to face me. "It's Bofur...."

I feel a cold blow to my chest and I stumble backwards. "Bofur...." I whisper, my voice breaking in fear.

"Come on Lass!" He yells at me and it snaps me back.

We take off running, him in the lead, me literally on his heels. "What happened?" I yell as we run.

"He's wounded. Bad." Balin tells me. I feel the fear slam against my chest again as stop in my tacks. Balin, who was expecting this, turns and grabs my arm hurrying me along. "We have no time to stop Lass!"

I stumble after him, nothing but cold fear racing through me. We run out onto the battlefield and I see death, nothing but death.

The dead Orcs lay in piles, their bodies burning. The Elves, Humans, Dwarves and Animals lay lined up in rows, comrades in death.

"Where is he? Where is Bofur?" I ask Balin as we run through the dead.

"Come." He answers as we run towards the medical tents out side of Erebor. We come to a stop infront of a small tent. "He's in there." I take off to run into the tent but Balin grabs my waist, holding me back. "We cannot go in there Lass!" He tells me as I struggle against him.

"Y/N?" I hear Bofur's pained voice coming from inside the tent.

"Bofur!" I yell and struggle harder against Balin.

"No...." I hear Bofur say weakly. "Do not let her see this."

"Cover her ears!" I Dwalin yells at us.

"No!" I panic as Balin's hands are placed over my ears. "NO!" I yell and struggle with all my might against him, but the dwarf is to strong. He turns me so I am facing him and I see pain and sadness in his eyes. "Balin, please!" I beg him with tears streaming down my face.

His eyes grow sadder. "I am so sorry." He mouths. Then I hear a loud pained scream.

"NO!" I whimper, my eyes filling with fresh tears that spill over onto my cheeks. I collapse against Balin's chest then sink to the floor.

I curl my knees into my chest, rocking back and forth with my hands pressed tightly against my ears, trying to block out Bofur's tortured screams.

Balin sits beside me with his arm around my waist trying to comfort me or finding comfort in me I do not know. After a while the screams turn to whimpers. Balin stands then walks into the tent.

"How is he Dwalin?" I hear Balin ask his brother. I take my hands away from my ears to listen to their conversation.

"He will be just fine." Dwalin says and I relax a little bit.

"Can Y/N come in now?" Balin asks and I hear Bofur sigh.

"I don't want her to see me like this." Bofur says and I wipe tears off my face, the fear gripping my heat once again.

"She will have to eventually Laddie." Balin tells him.

"Aye." Bofur says then sighs again. "Can yeh give us some privacy?"

I stand as Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, and Bombur walk out, their faces pale and streaked with tears, none willing to meet my eyes. "He'll see you now." Dwalin says and stalks off past me but not before I notice the blood on his hands.

I walk into the tent and stop dead in my tracks as I see Bofur. He is laying on his side with his right arm propping himself up. His left arm is severed just above his elbow and wrapped in bandages. "Bofur?" I whimper out.

He looks up to me and attempts a smile. "Hello Lassie. Wanna give me a hand? I seem to be missing one...."