Dwalin X You Part 1

"Climb into the barrels!" Bilbo tells us.

"There's only twelve!" I complain over the others. "We're fourteen!"

"Just trust me!" He says to us.

Everyone continues to complain so Bilbo looks to Thorin for some help. "Do as he says!" Thorin tells us. The company all climbs into the barrels, but there isn't one for Bilbo or me.

"Lass?" Bofur asks as notices me still standing.

"Hurry!" Bilbo whispers to us. His voice has an edge of panic.

"You're small you can fit." Thorin says. "Get in with Dwalin!" I blush, majorly.

Dwalin scoots to one side of the barrel and looks up at me expectantly. "Come on!" He growls at me. I blush even more as I climb in, both of us laying on our side facing each other. We avoid eye contact.

"Hold your breath." Bilbo says as he pulls a lever.

The floor under the barrels tips and they begin to roll down into a tunnel under the floor. I grab both sides of the barrel top then feel Dwalin's large calloused hands cover mine. I look up to see him grimacing. Our eyes meet and he smirks at my panicked expression.

Suddenly the barrel is falling. I close my eyes tight and try not to scream. I remember Bilbo's advice of holdin my breath too late as our barrel is submerged in water.

A moment later we bob to the top and both of us wipe water from our faces. "Ahhhhhhhh!" I hear Bilbo yell out as he falls down into the water below us.

Bilbo swims up to the surface and Nori helps him hold onto his barrel, keeping Bilbo above the water.

The current quickens and we are carried down stream, out of the tunnel and into the daylight. The barrels are a tight fit with two and jostle us around as we try to hold on. Dwalin and I fall against each other quite a bit. Each time we separate as much as we can, he scowls and I blush bright red.

"Sorry Dwalin!" Murmur for the tenth time as I fall against him. He just shakes his head and focuses on something past my shoulder.

A horn sounds and I hear clicking as the gate ahead of us closes. "No!" Thorin yells as his barrel slams against the closed gate. All the barrels pile up against each other and we are trapped.

"This is just great." I hear Dwalin growl. I jump as an arrow wizzes past my head and lodges itself into the bridge above the gate. Dwalin looks to the source of the arrow and I see surprise written across his features, then it turns to annoyance. "Orcs." He tells me. Then yells to the others. "ORCS!"

I turn to see many many Orcs running towards us. Then I see a flash of green and notice the Woodland elves fighting against the Orcs.

"Kili!" Thorin yells. I turn to see him gesturing to a lever that must open the gate. Kili climbs up and out of his barrel and slowly fights his way onto the bridge. I see an Orc creep up behind him, raising its sword.

"Kili!" I tell to warn him, but an arrow pierces the Orc, killing him on the spot.

Orcs advance on Kili forcing him to fight. I climb out of the barrel, hopping in the other barrels until I reach the bank. I bob and weave through the Orcs and elves trying to make my wake to the lever.

I reach It but It is too high above my head. Looking around for something to use as a step stool I notice the slain Orc. 'That'll do.' I drag it under the lever and climb onto its back then hop up and grab the lever, pulling it down with my weight.

Thorin holds the barrels in place as the gate opens so we can get back in. Kili jumps first. I hear an angered roar behind me, I turn away from the dwarves and see a big mean looking Orc climbing over the bridge towards me.