Thorin X Ryleigh

"You wished to speak to me my king?" I ask as I kneel before king Thror. A lock of my red hair falling in my face and I quickly tuck it behind my pointed ear.

"Ah yes, Ryleigh. Stand." He tells me and I quickly obey. "You have been a very diligent and precise in all of your cleaning and Prince Thorin's Chamberman has become Ill. You are being promoted to his position."

I try to hide my excitement but I do smile. "Thank you King Thror. I will not disappoint."

"I hope not my dear. You will begin your new responsibilities tomorrow morning." He tells me.

"Thank you very much for this opportunity my lord." I said with a low curtsy and then he dismissed me.

"Why should a mutant freak work for the Royal family?" I hear a dwarf guard say as I leave the room and the booming voice of king Thror makes me jump.

"SHE IS OF THE LINE OF RI. SHE HAS MORE THAN PLEDGED TO THE LINE OF DURIN. YOU WILL NOT QUESTION MY DECISION."

-------------------------------------------------------

"Prince Thorin." I said as I gave a low curtsy.

"Ah." He says and then takes my arms to pull me up to stand but his touch sends a shock through my arm and we both jump apart. He clears his throat. "I would prefer it if you would not curtsy."

"As you wish Your Majesty." I say and politely bow my head. He sets his jaw but doesn't say anything else. "I.. I am Ryleigh, Sir. I will be your new chambermaid until Kare'en is better."

"Alright." Prince Thorin says and clasps his hands together like he'd like to get on with his day. "I assume you know what to do?"

"Of course your magesty. You shall not be dissapointed."

After a month of cleaning someones chambers you begin to know them. Their quirks. For Prince Thorin I've learned that his favorite color is Royal blue. (Not just his clothes. His bed sheets and blankets. His favorite chair. I mean royal blue is his color.) He always comes in late and hates waking early. (Most mornings I wake him and you should see his hair in the morning). No matter how late he comes in I will always be working. Not so much because its messy which it's not but because I am supposed to work for the moment he leaves to the moment he arrives. I know he goes to the bar some nights (I can smell it on him) but he never drinks enough to get drunk and he never brings anyone else with him. But the thing you learn most is how they hold themselves. He is very sure of himself. Rightfully so for a Prince. His gait is strong and sure of himself. Which is why when he comes stumbling in one night it scares me half to death.

The door slams open and I jump about three feet in the air then spin to see Prince Thorin who has stumbled into the room. Then a tangy metallic smell hits me and I see the dark red stain on his tunic.

"Prince Thorin?" I ask and hurry to his side his eyes almost wild and pained. "What-" he cuts me off and grabs my shoulders in a tight grip. The shock enough that he flinches but quickly recovers.

"Ryleigh!" He exclaims." You're half elf. Can you do elvish healing techniques?" He asks quickly.

Then I realize it must not be his blood. "Who's hurt?" I ask and he takes my hand practically dragging me through the door where I have to run to keep up with him.

"It's a my sister Dìs she fell down a cliff into a stream bed." Prince Thorin tells me.

"Where is she bleeding?" I ask and speed up to where I'm running beside him, were almost to the palaces medic wing.

"I don't know that's the problem. She's coughing up blood." He tells me and as we reach the medic wing we have to shove through a small crowd to reach Princess Dìs.