You'll see who its about quickly.

I walk through the crowded market place as if walking through fog. Not really seeing anything. A few of the venders (Bofur the toy maker, his brother Bombur the tavern keeper, and Oin the healer) greet me and I greet them back. I talk with Bofur a while about his toy making skills and I buy a pipe from him giving him extra coins before slipping away. Back into the fog of the crowd.

After a while I notice that I've got myself a shadow. Who ever it is they're skilled. I wasnt sure at first that they were following me but I know it now. I walk a little further before I feel a presence just behind me and I spin around catching his arm, his knife biting into mine and I feel the blood from it slowly sliding towards my elbow but I ignore it as I see the look of complete shock on the theifs face.

He is quite a handsome one. Red hair in three spiked tiers and his beard braided similar. Ive seen him around before. I watch everyone and sometimes when it's getting late I see him disappear off into the mountainside instead of into a home.

He instantly reacts to me grabing him and tries to pull away causing the knife to tear deeper into my skin but I dont care.
I yank him closer before any onlookers can notice what is going on and to them it looks like we may be in an embrace. He fights against me pressing the knife against my side as if to keep me from calling for help and pushes me into the shadows of an alley. Those around us merely ignore or think what they want and continue their day.
As soon as we reach the shadows he pushes me away from him cold anger now in his features. My back hits the wall but I dont let the impact jar me and the thief and I study each other. I suspect he is deciding wether or not to continue to rob me or to just run. I notice how his skin stretches just a bit too tight over his muscles and bone as if he hasnt had a decent meal in a long time and I quickly pull out my coin purse tossing it to him before walking out the other side of the alley.

I quickly find my mark for the day. A pretty Nob who doesnt even bother to hide her coin purse. Dwarves like her make my job way too easy. Normally I dont like easy but I can tell by her dress she's wealthy and today I need the money.

I feel my stomach tighten with hunger as I smell Bombur's cooking but I push its nagging to the back of my mind. I know better than to rush this.

She moves through the crowd slowley, taking her time, but never even glanced at what the venders have to sell until a toy maker named Bofur greets her. They talk for a little while and she buys a rather nice pipe from him, giving him all gold coins. He tries to argue but she silences him and walks away.

Oh If she has gold coins like that to spare.... My finger twitch in anticipation and I follow her to where the crowd is thining before making my move. I silently move behind her readying to sever the purses ties when she spins around grabing my arm.

I feel shock course through me before I gather my senses and sharply pull back but she doesnt let go. My eyes quickly dart around and I know soon enough people will notice so I do the only thing I can. I yank her against me, my knife digging into her side, and push her back into a forked alleyway.

As soon as were out of sight from others I shove her away into a wall hoping the impact will knock her out but she braces and it just knocks the wind out of her.
My feet itch to run but I know I cant. Shes seen me. She could identify me, turn me into the guards if she wanted to. I could kill her... But no I dont particularly like to kill and If a female dwarf is found dead the entire mountain would erupt into search for the one who killed her. I could knock her out......

As soon as that thought crossed my mind her coin purse hits my chest and my hands reflexively catch it. I look down at it for a second completely shocked before looking back up to see her calmly walking away down one of the forked alleyways. I blink confused as to what the hell just happened before turning and hurriedly walking back out of the alleyway disappearing into the crowd again.