s h o c k w a v e

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kaminari was much more calculating than she had ever expected him to be. Maybe it was because he always seemed to regress into his brain-dead mode after he used his quirk, or maybe it was because of his dorky personality, but she had underestimated him.

The Kaminari in front of her was whispering strategies to her and drawing plans on the dirt as they prepared to fight their opponents in the two versus two match. 

It was kind of amazing, watching how his eyebrows furrowed in concentration and seeing the serious look enter his eyes. He looked way different than how he usually did, and it was enough to make her heart thump.

"You've been staring at me for quite a while," he pointed out, and (Y/N) just pretended like she saw something on his face to avoid embarrassing herself.

"Do I really have dirt on my face or did you make it up?" He teased, and she smacked him lightly on the head.

He was right, but he didn't need to know that. Suddenly, she was taken back to that day when the security alarm went off and he helped her get out of the crowd of students. He had called her cute and when she blushed, he asked whether she was sick. He had the same teasing tone in his voice that day, and she wondered how she didn't notice it back then.

She smacked him once again for good measure.

How dare you trick me, you conniving bastard, she thought.

"What was that for?" He laughed.

"Felt like it."

"I guess if you say that, then maybe I really do deserve it," he teased, before going back to that concentrated state. "So I was thinking, you know how water is a good conductor of electricity?"

"We are not going to kill our classmates, Kaminari."

"It'll be harmless."

"So we're going to mix your electricity and my water to create a deadly combination," she said, repeating his plan back to him. "This is a friendly sparring session. We aren't trying to kill them."

Kill.

The minute she says those words, the scene comes flooding back. The head tucked away under her bed, the eyes wide open in horror, the note that—

She closes her eyes. She shouldn't think about it.

It was hard not to, but she focuses on Kaminari's words.

"It won't kill them," Kaminari argues. "They're our classmates. They're strong. Some of them can withstand my volts so I'm pretty sure they can withstand this too."

She nods, but she still isn't convinced.

"Okay look here," Kaminari says, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Mina is literally acidic. She shoots acid. Acid is deadly, but is she dead? Are our classmates dead? No. Same with Bakugou. Explosions kill you but he is still alive. Midoriya, who he targets the most, is still alive. Don't even get me started on Midoriya and his bones. He is still standing."