a m b i t i o n

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Once a customer buys a plant from (Y/N)'s shop, they normally don't come back so soon. This wasn't the case for either the blonde haired boy or the green haired one.

The green haired one came to her shop on the weekends to talk to her and she found herself enjoying his company. She learned that his name was Midoriya Izuku and he went to Caldera Junior High — as did "Kacchan".

He told her about him being quirkless and his ambitions about becoming a great hero like All Might. He was adamant about being a great hero without a quirk, no matter how many people ridiculed him.

(Y/N) found this admirable.

He also told her about kacchan. His name was Bakugo Katsuki and he was one of Izuku's friends. When they were four years old and he got his quirk, he let the power get to his head.  He would feel superior and bully Izuku about it.

She remembered asking him what he thought of Bakugo, and he answered, "I admire him."

This surprised her; she always thought that since he was bullied, Izuku would grow to hate Bakugo. However, that wasn't the case and Izuku said that he didn't harbor any negative feelings towards his friend because to an extent, he understood what he was going through.

Just like how Izuku looked up to Bakugo, she looked up to Izuku. There were many admirable things about him, like how he was determined to achieve his goal even with his setbacks and how he didn't have a single drop of hate in his heart.

She became very close friends with him and when he talked about his middle school experiences, she felt like she was a part of a world she never had the chance to experience.

She would talk to him about her tutoring as well and they would share stories about their day over some tea and snacks.

Bakugo came to the shop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (Y/N) was quite surprised when he barged through the door a day after their initial meeting with a scowl on his face.

"Why the fuck did my cactus die in a day?" He demanded while she was talking to another customer.

After the customer left, she talked to him and sorted out the problem. It turned out that he had used his explosive quirk on the plant and it had died instantly. She couldn't help but burst out laughing when he mentioned the reason.

She grew closer to him as well and learned about the story from his perspective. He wasn't open about things but she deduced that he associated emotions with showing weakness and he had been so praised by his peers that he had gained a massive ego because of that. He also wanted to be a great hero like All Might.

Somewhere deep inside, he also cared about Izuku even though he denied it. Despite all, he didn't seem like a bad person — just misunderstood.

She didn't like how he bullied Izuku but maybe that was his special way of showing that he cared. Either way, she didn't accept that. She had tried to talk to him about it a few times but he just shut her down.